Guides Manual Transmission Fluid Change (Petrol)

Accord 08-14 i-VTEC, K24Z3 (Manual Transmission)

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
    AccordCU2 likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sorry forgot to add please depose of the old oil to your closest council refuse tip. Please don't throw it down the drain on into ground. It illegal and dangerous of the environment.

photo(6).

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Gear changes are really smooth now whether before it felt a bit crunchy.
    Thanks Ceej.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No problem buddy. I plan to change the oil on mine every 12500 miles to keep it sweet.

I am settling for 5k miles engine oil changes too.

5. wreckrat Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can anybody help?? I have an 8th Generation accord (December 2009) and I went to change the gearbox oil and I couldn't find the drain/filler plugs as per the thread above, the garage owner couldn't find them either, there looks to be a plug at the front of the gearbox at the bottom, it has a square drive so this may be the drain but I wasn't going to risk draining the oil, are there other types of gearbox out there?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I take it your is a Diesel Manual, Diesel Automatic or a Petrol Automatic?

7. wreckrat Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

oops...should have mentioned its a diesel manual box...

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Is it possible to get picture of the gearbox casting then someone here can point them out for you.

9. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi,
    I suppose the drain plug is easy to find at the bottom? It points out horizontally and indeed it's the one with the square drive.
    Above, you will see the fluid inspection bolt (6mm).
    The filling plug is located underneath the air filter housing (to be removed), also with the square drive.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its the same principle as this here

Please do a DIY in a separate threads for others if you can. You can also enter the DIY of the month award.:Wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Mar, 2014
  11. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Ichiban,

How did you fill the gearbox? With what kind of tube? Did you made something yourself?

12. wreckrat Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Had a look at the 7th Generation gearbox link and it looks like that's what I got...I can see the filler plug, its right under the air filter housing so that's gotta come out to get at that, the drain plug is the one I can see on the front of the gearbox, just need to make sure I find the level plug...looks like that's never been out :Aghast:i'll get a better look at it when I jack it up tomorrow.
    next question is...is common for the I-DTEC engine to have an I-CDTI gearebox ??

A big thanks for your help guys:Thumbup:...best to double check these things, will post how I get on

13. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Wreckrat, the I-CTDI and I-DTEC build up are not that different. The base engine block is the same. Head, injectors, turbo, intake and exhaust swap are the main differences (in a nutshell...).
    It's like the R18 and R20 petrol engines, or the K20 and K24 engines. Same basic lay out.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I bought a gearbox transfer tool Sealey Gearbox/Differential Diff Oil Suction Syringe | eBay
    Take the plunger out attach the pipe put that into the filler then using a large funnel slowly drop oil in.