Daily Driver Marculos first Honda

7th Generation (2003-2008) vehicle added by marculos, Monday 14th Mar, 2016

1. marculos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mark Leicester
  2. marculos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mark Leicester
    1st fix ! Thanks to @Simes for replacing the faulty top LCD panel
    - - - Updated - - -
    Bought a load of white LED lights to replace interior and maybe sidelights.. They were cheap so hopefully not too pants , we shall see.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Also just bought some MTF -3 gearbox oil. Will get that replaced ASAP to see if it improved notchyness if thats a real word ! Looking for some decent clutch fluid shortly as will replace this too.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    When you do the gearbox oil change, have a good look around the gearbox, see if it is covered in gearbox oil. You may have a leaking driveshaft oil seal, which means some gearbox oil has leaked out and therefore resulted in some notchiness.

4. Simes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just been on to @Mikeyspell about your dash, he has it on eBay now:

5. marculos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mark Leicester
    Thanks @Simes will check it out
    - - - Updated - - -
    Just changed the interior courtesy lights to white led .. new to the right

WP_20160317_17_49_40_Pro_LI.

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 17th Mar, 2016
    JayG and Simes like this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Looks so much better with the white lighting.

The other advantage is that as the LED bulbs have low power consumption, if you ever accidentally leave them on overnight, you'll find you'll still be able to start the car in the morning :Laughing:

7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Can you link which bulb you bought? I am mulling over how many LEDs bulb should I get.. Yours looks bright enough but not too much.

8. Simes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Make sure when you contact him you let him know you have seen the light and joined HK!
    I can PM you his number if you want to call him and pick it up to save postage.

9. marculos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mark Leicester
    Hi @legend-ary these are what I bought

legend-ary likes this.
  10. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    fantastic. Cheers mate

11. marculos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mark Leicester
    Replaced the door bulbs with white LEDs today looks much better. Also got the MTF oil and washers (free from local Honda garage) to hopefully change gearbox oil tomorrow. WP_20160319_15_20_53_Pro_LI.

SpeedyGee and legend-ary like this.
  12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Looking good @marculos,

Good to see you getting through the list of jobs.
    What you could do is as you get things done update the Service History section of you Club Garage entry. This will be a good way of recoding what work you have done on your car. Do this by clicking on the Edit Vehicle button on your Club Garage page, scroll down to Service History box and update it. Once done, scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.

Last edited: Saturday 19th Mar, 2016
  13. marculos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mark Leicester
    Got father in law to take look at the motor day. We changed the clutch fluid with some decent DOT 4. Some grim looking stuff came out when we replaced it. Next up replace the gear box oil to try and improve notchiness. I suspect the clutch may need replacing though thought I would change the clutch fluid and gearbox oil first before I shell out for a new clutch. It doesnt slip at all in any gear but is notchy especially in first and second. I suspect the clutch has never been replaced so guess will need doing. Or maybe I'll get lucky and after the gearbox oil change the gearchange will be like butter through a knife !

14. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It really is worth using genuine Honda MTF in the gearbox.
    Once you reach 'Club Member' rank, you will be eligible for discount at Holdcoft Honda AND they deliver to you free of charge.

15. marculos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mark Leicester
    Gearbox oil replaced with Honda MTF.. it took just over 2 litres. It felt a bit smoother after the clutch fluid change. Father in law is bringing up the car later so will take it for a spin to see if changing the gearbox oil has made any difference. Father in law said the plastic trim tabs were a PITA to get off. If notchiness is still there then will look at replacing the clutch when I have saved up some pennies.

16. Simes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

And another one saying the same thing:

hi i had a problem with my clutch also. I had to replace the complete clutch. The clutch pedalbracket was also broken for some reason which I had to weld.
    34271_IMG_03371.

17. marculos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mark Leicester
    Thanks @Simes . It does feel a little smoother after changing the gearbox oil though still notchy in first and reverse is still a problem to get in smoothly without a crunch. I have now noticed if you very gently push down on the clutch you can feel vibration so guess somethings a miss there. Needs a new clutch I reckon , I have been quoted £458 fitted for a LUK clutch which I understand is OEM ish so not too painful !

18. Simes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Worth burying your head in the footwell with a torch to check first, plan to look at mine at the weekend.

19. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I can't remember if you flushed your clutch fluid out @marculos, worth doing if you haven't done so already.

20. marculos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mark Leicester
    @SpeedyGee yes I have replaced the clutch fluid. The gearchange is defo better than before but still reckon clutch is on its way out. I wasn't 100% sure when I bought it that the clutch was spot on but got it cheap enough to budget in a new clutch .. better save some moolah !