Accord/4th Gen Marcus' 4th Generation (#2)

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by 93 ACCORD, Thursday 15th Dec, 2011.

1. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well this 4th Generation number 2 then for me. Originally i saw this car on ebay, and thought ill buy it for parts. However after the 550mile trip to go pick it up on a trailer, it appears on closer inspection to be very clean and tidy. Interior is spotless, full Honda service history upto 65k and service history for the remaining 40k.
    A couple of issues from checking it over to sort out are rear brake lines look corroded, front left coil had snapped and the right rear arch needed some attention.

Came with a few aftermarket and OEM option goodies which i shall list below in the specs.

1991 Accord 2.0i CB3 4th Generation

Mods:

Engine:

Pipercross air filter
    Unknown aftermarket 2.5" mid section exhaust

Interior:

Type c Blue interior swap

Exterior:

Clear repeaters
    DIY grill
    Door moldings from a 93 Accord
    Newly sprayed rear bumper
    Newly sprayed right side doors
    Newly sprayed right rear arch
    Blackhoused headlights

Electronics:

Honda keyless entry and alarm
    Clarion 6.5 door speakers
    Clarion 6.5 rear speakers
    Alpine headunit

Suspension:

Weitec Ultra GT springs 35mm drop
    Energy Suspension Front roll-bar end links
    16" Alloys +35
    Wrapped in 205/50/16

Future plans:

Good question.

Collecting it:

DSC00106.

Back at base:

DSCF6997.

DSCF6988.

Rear arch work in process:

DSC01030.

Blackhoused headlights:

DSC01025.

​So from originally got for spare parts, this is now a fully functional 4th Generation with lots of road tax and MOT so fully road legal, however is possible surplus now due to my 3rd arrival.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That's the donor car you can't get rid of it !! if you did it will end up at banger racing if are planning to get rid drop me a PM.

If I were you make this car into a longer term project or a total race car.You work for a Porsche racing team surely you could apply the know how on this beauty.

Stage three ported head and forged internals that what dreams are all about.. If you need a engine polisher let me know will be over in flash!

3. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Would be cool to have one of the fleet to be a track car, if it were quick enough i could enter it into VTEC challenge or something, would create a stir with the Civic and teg boys.

Still undecided what i want to do with it. Im driving my brothers Civic at the moment till he returns from uni, its cheaper on fuel and allows me to garage the blue accord keep it away from wet and salt. I would rather run the 4ws red one over winter, so need to get that in ship shape and MOTed.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    VTEC Challenge will be a great showcase for the CB7,you never know it may kick start the CB7 racing culture here. I agree with your logic these cars rust on the sight of salt and they can be really harsh on them. I wish they used biodegradable salt over here maybe when the Cheshire mines are depleted.

I drove a BB1 JDM with 4WS it is a handful in the wet and can have a mind of its own when you start to push into bends it seems to cut in to take control.

It superb for parking in confined spaces can make a micra look like a limo.

5. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Id be happy if people would run the cb in a race series, the classic/history honda or 90's Honda cup or something, the cb has double wishbone suspension all round only wieghs 1225kg standard, with some nifty mods its no different to any of the Civics Integras crxs.

yeah parking on the red accord is great, car feels so short, steering input is reduced. Not been in the wet in it yet, but it might well be sketch.

6. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Had a mini service and MOT at Honda

MOT passed today, with no advisorys!

7. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

033-2.

038-2.

039-2.

040-2.

041-2.

Last edited: Thursday 1st Mar, 2012
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That looks so good and perfect .a car I would be proud to own.

9. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    thats sure a beauty marcus .. how you doing bud..... its the guy from honda culture club i did the h22a swap on the black accord coupe remember . you figure out who i am ...?

10. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lol hey man, i see you everywhere CBT, TA here lol, hows it going hows the 5th Generation, and is that customer happy with his 4th Generation swap? Get him to sign up

11. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    that accordd is still pulling strong yo , he wants me to do another cb7 4dr ...don't mind doing it at all. im currently converting my 5th Generation from auto to manual with hthe h22a swap ...so whats been happening so far mate ?

12. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cool nice one, for me i keep buying 4th gens! need to stop really haha. Right now im selling this one. I havent got enough space to keep 3 really.

With my blue one, thats in the middle of a brake overhual/upgrade, and saving for a H22a.

13. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    oh ok, 4th gens..... i know dem too much ,do you have the tunk spoiler ? i have the red l.e.d brake ligth thats goes in the slot beneath it i have 2 selling at a fair price . these were never seen on the Accords only access part .

14. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good news and bad!

I sold the car last Wednesday!

Was excited for it to go, but then at the same time felt quite sad, not sold 4th Generation before was like going against the grain!

Gone to a nice, guy hes into his Hondas, and loves these cars. He said he would show me some pics of it after a couple of subtle changes hes going to make on it, and leave it at that. I shall post these up here i think.

But ultimately i now only have 2 4th gens now! Didnt think this would happen!

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    :Sobbing:Sad news matey at least you had fun with and it now gone to another person who will enjoy it and cherish it.

16. classic_accord_coupe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hey can the people from up north or yorkshire area set up a meet or some kind of event...i just think it's a nightmare and hassle driving to everything in the south all the time..

17. chris167 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hull
    isnt this on ebay at the mo, it a badger or something?

- - - Updated - - -

im up for a meet in my rot box. where abouts are u?

18. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes well spotted, hit something, then can't be bothered to fix it i guess. Too bad.

To add to the confusion Chris im on cb7tuner, i messaged you a few days ago!

19. chris167 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hull
    ahhh is that you, i did wonder to be honest!

20. classic_accord_coupe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i think theres a show of some kind in skipton west yorkshire this month on a sunday but can't remember when, could be an idea to take our Accords too, i have a 1992 cb7 coupe in opal green..not that many about..