Accord/4th Gen Marcus' 4th Generation (#3)

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by 93 ACCORD, Thursday 15th Dec, 2011.

1. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well this wasnt planned, but a nice chap called Mario a member on another Accord forum put up for sale this beaut, and after working a few things out i bought it.

So here it is:

1991 Accord 2.2i 4WS CB7

Mods:

Engine:

F22A3 SOHC 150bhp (Only 58,000) PT4 ECU and with dual runner intake butterflies

Interior:

Clean Type A EDM Grey Leather Seats
    Black Carpet and Dash
    OEM Dash mat

Exterior:

Standard

Electronic OEM goodies:

Honda premium sound system
    Keyless entry and alarm
    Full electrical adjusting seats
    Cruise Control
    Air Conditioning
    Electric heated mirrors
    Electric sunroof
    Electric window
    Intergrated rear fog
    Auto wind down antenna on boot release
    Headlight washers

Suspension:

4 wheel steer!
    15" Honda Alloys
    Wrapped in 195/60/15 New Uniroyal Rain Experts

Future plans:

Restore paintwork
    Fix up the little bits and get MOT
    Drive it and play with the 4ws system

On the way back, Ended up being a night mission, didnt get into bed til 2.30am due to road diversion and loading and unloading etc.

058-1.

9am the next morning, all 3 CB's!! just lol

062-1.

The goodies:

OEM Dash mat

064-1.

Leather steering wheel

065-1.

Full electrical adjusting seat

066-1.

Mint grey leather

067-1.

068-1.

4WS System

073-2.

Dirty F22A3 will be cleaned

Odd centre console setup to mine due to higher centre tunnel for the 4ws

002-4.

It also has the rear caliper on the other side of the disc, facing forward apposed rear facing on the others.

Video of what the 4ws is like and does. This is a Prelude, but identical system.

1991 Honda Prelude Si 4WS 5-speed - YouTube

Attached Files:

Last edited: Saturday 2nd Feb, 2013
  2. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

In the process of detailing and correcting the paint , and working on the interior, not that it need much more than a ocd hoover leather condition, and trim wipe.

There are 3 major damages to work on, front left corner, rear left corner, and this side panel below

Correction Hit 1

Correction Hit 2 90% perfect...it will do for now.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mate that car is superb I wish I had seen it before you I would have bought it 100% , well it gone to the best home to be looked after.

what pad and polish are you using on the car looks peach from here.The OEM mat well that is pure genius , that get the value of the car up.

4. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It is fairly minty i have to say, mechanically its sound, its worst issue is 2 bumper scrapes.

Theres plenty of clearcoat left, clearly garaged at some point in its life, tho not the last 3 years, there was some moss in some funny places lol. All cleared up tho. Camera is not good enough, but there lots of flake pop.

All i used was 1-2 hits of G3 scratch remover (new range) then a liberal hit of Autoglym Super Resin polish, ill then wash it again and stick some 845 colli wax on it once its all done.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yup you done bang up job there get some close ups with LEDs mate so we can see your swirl correction. Pretty amazed to see that colour so pucca hardly any oxidation or cloudy clear coat.

6. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeah its in good shape, ill see if i can get some 50/50 swirl shots, got to finish the interior, then hit that engine bay, its killing me lol.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That engine will need some work,some marine clean will get the ali corrosion sorted

8. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well it went for its MOT at Honda, it failed, as expected. However not on much,

Blowing exhaust, Front right ABS sensor, Excessive tyre age.

Could be worst for a 20 year old car, so ill get a plate welded on that exhaust hole, get a new sensor on, and put on the 16" alloys from the silver Accord for the MOT. Ill swap the wheels back after, as they been quite picky there i think, the tyres have 4mm on them and only have small cracking in the outer tread blocks.

Then its drivable!!

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Keep at it mate you will get it through, did you get your bits for your car in the end.

10. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Exhaust taken to a man with hardly any teeth to weld a little plate for the exhaust, will be done tomoro. Tick

ABS sensor has be got from a 98 Acura TL thanks to a member on cb7tuner. Tick

Tyres to swap tomoro.

Then ready for a retest

Dismantled the boot, took this shiny beaut out pumped it up, minty fresh, still has Honda balancing weights! Time warp!

Started on the engine bay,

Before

After

Just a pressure wash and degrease so far, more detailing and wire tidying to go tho.

Also had both front seats out and cleaned them and the carpet.

yuck

After, better, can't get ride of that white sqiggle, seems to be bleach or something, anyway its hidden under the seat!

Capet cleaner, hoovered and brushed. and some autoglym odour destroyer, not that it smells at all though, just smells of leather.

Holy motors!

Ichiban and SayamaAccord like this.
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Speechless at the seats love the engineering gone into it .that spare wheel is timeless I too found my first gen spare in the same condition...loving this thread Marcus keep it coming.

12. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So yeah, update, 4 uniroyals have been added, its a long story, but i thought the tyres were fine, but i can't get it through MOT and then drive it without new ones, it mean another car won't have wheels! plus 15" tyres are so cheap compared to 17"

New EBC black stuff pads, have been purchased.

So once this ABS sensor comes hopefully friday or monday, we can get this MOT passed.

13. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It hasnt taken long but we got a good result here boys

MOT PASSED!!

Lets get this cruiser on the road!!

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Excellent news buddy happy for you so you have what three road legal 4th gens now.