General Massive engine oil counterfeiting ring busted in Moscow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by exec, Friday 8th Jan, 2016.

1. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Just shows you shouldn't buy oil or things like this from any place, such as unknown ebay sellers!

Garrydhu likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I only buy my honda parts and oil from HH,or Opie. The rest are not even on my radar just because of this issue.

exec and SpeedyGee like this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

The counterfeiters are at it on all sorts of things. If they get into the standard supply chain, we are all vulnerable.

Safest way is to stick to known sellers, and that's not just for motor parts/supplies!

exec likes this.
  4. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Billy Dor Carrigaline
    Yes ,made me change my mind,eBay stuff could be from a similar source,

exec likes this.
  5. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This is rather disturbing to know. I bet it isnt just restricted to Russia either, many gangs doing this throughout the world.
    I know I'll probably get knocked for this, but my oil tends to come from Halfords (thanks to a trade card) and is usually Castrol.

exec and Garrydhu like this.
  6. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Nothing wrong with Halfrauds to be honest, they tend to have good offers every now and again and it would have come from a genuine source.

I usually buy from EuroCarParts and have used OpieOils too, ECP mind you hav ebeen caught in the past selling counterfeit parts, they also sometimes tend to sell cheap variations of branded parts.

Only ebay stores I buy from are genuine Honda dealer stores, where I have bought things like brake fluid, PSF etc from and any other reputable well known seller.

Garrydhu and Harvey like this.