Off-Topic Massive Japanese Airbag recall.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by RobB, Thursday 11th Apr, 2013.

1. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

http://news.sky.com/story/1076627/huge-car-recall-over-faulty-airbags

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will have a look for any announcement from Honda Europe

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes Honda have been on the ball they are in the process of annoucning the full extent for their recall remit to which cars, what we know uptil now is

The models that are affected in the UK are,2002 - 2003 CR-V and also a small number of 2001 -2003 Stream and Jazz.

Honda are currently in the process of collating full information for us.:Smile:

I will be able to provide full information either later on today or first thing Friday 12 April as Honda releases the information.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    More information has been released.

Passenger’s Front Airbag Inflator

11 April /2013, VOSA has been informed of a Recall for certain Honda Models

Problem description:
    In affected vehicles, the passenger’s front airbag inflator could produce excessive internal pressure. If an affected airbag deploys, the increased internal pressure may cause the inflator casing to rupture.
    This may, in turn, result in metal fragments being propelled upward toward the windshield, or downward toward the front passenger’s foot well, potentially causing injury to a vehicle occupant.
    An airbag will not deploy unintentionally, the only occasion this could be experienced is if the vehicle is involved in an event which is severe enough to deploy the front airbags.
    There have been no known reported cases in the UK.

Affected Vehicles
    Certain 2002/2003 CR-V and Jazz models and 2001 to 2003 Civic Coupe and Stream models.
    Total number of affected vehicles for the United Kingdom: 15,475
    VIN listings and parts preparation now in progress, Honda technical bulletin will be issued once this is completed.
    Registered owner details will be obtained from the DVLA with owners being contacted in due course.

5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Now you wouldn't get this from
    VW :Smile:

intruder, John Dickson and Ichiban like this.
  6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No they'd probably take their ususal approach to VW Warranty claims and recalls; i.e. ignore the Customer's claim or if they have to reluctantly honour it, keep it hush-hush so word doesn't get out as this would then demote them to their rightful place in the reliability charts! :Whistle:

rayhoop and Ichiban like this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Do VW warranty claim guys look like this?

Tumblr_m99dfdm5Iu1rebpyfo1_1280.

Doc and John Dickson like this.
  8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Nah you just get piezoelectric injectors shorting and causing a total loss of power from the engine, power steering and servo assisted brakes! lol

Goes for Audi, Skoda and Seat as well bless 'em :lol:

Ichiban and John Dickson like this.
  9. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    I'm glad Honda owns up and deals with these issues fairly. E.g. being open with this recall (albeit the fault is of the manufacturer of the airbag and not Honda themselves), the 'product update' for the ICTDI timing chains, exhauts manifolds etc.

It makes me proud to drive a Honda, and makes me determined to make it outlast the similar ages German cars on the road to prove a point!

So.. scrap all the comments I have made in the past about letting my Diesel Accord die! I'm going to make it last! (plus I want to see our man drink a litre of diesel lol).

Ichiban, John Dickson and SpeedyGee like this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A million miles is a long way off still ..

11. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm sure European and US car brands are loving this.
    Makes you wonder why/how all this so called negative press get so big.:Tea:.......

John Dickson likes this.
  12. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The press coverage is so big as it's a unique opportunity to slate Honda, Toyota, Nissan. The fact that the average euro box is often a reliablity nightmare is not news therefore no mileage or mud slinging potential. If a Citroen falls to bits, it's nothing of interest; it's expected whereas a Citroen that hasn't fallen to bits after six months.... well that would get massive press as the one off that wasnt cr@p.

How often do the Japanese makes go wrong? Not often and when it does happen it's a good opportunity for Euro-box fan prejudice journalists to have a kick at the Japanese makes as they know that's what they really should've bought when they've been sitting in the Audi dealer waiting for the powertrain to be reassembled and reinstalled for the 9th time!

SpeedyGee likes this.
  13. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Agree with you totally .

14. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    You just wouldn't get this honesty from euro car manufactures
    VW have long had problems with all their diesels from faulty injectors to self destructing gear boxes what have they done ? NOTHING YOU PAY TO FIX IT.. Thats the German way... Think BMW and Merc are any better? Yes? Well you would be wrong. I have gone out of my way to prevent every single person I know from buying their crap and am pleased to say most have seen the light even if it was me with a maglite :Smile: I am pleaded to say I lost VW another sale today and that person is ordering a Jazz EX paperwork sorted on Wednesday :Smile:
    Think your euro coke can makers will look after you HA think again, don't even get me going on the French trash..

Ichiban and John Dickson like this.