Electrical & Lights Master window switch for honda accord 2003

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by glc, Wednesday 3rd Apr, 2013.

1. glc New Member Getting Started

HI, Has anyone had any experience with the drivers door master window switch for accord tourer 2003.
    I've purchased one from a dismantlers, the central locking isn't working with the new "used" switch however the windows
    are now working!, But when i revert to original switch the central locking works, but the window dosent again.!!!
    Can anyone tell me if i purchase another switch that it would be comapatable. i have heard so many stories about coding, numbers etc etc.
    but im not sure if one works from another car... i called honda dealer and they want over £240 for the same unit.
    Thanks
    GLC

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What has changed on your before this happened? Accident?

3. glc New Member Getting Started

No I hadn't been in an accident. Just stopped working. So I replaced unit but this one takes out the central locking

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    when was the last time the battery in the ignition key were changed get a pair of CR1616 change it then try.

Use the original one first.

5. glc New Member Getting Started

Not battery. Central locking works with original unit. ( which is faulty) hence the need to change. All I need to know is if anyone knows if theres a comparability issue. Thanks

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Are you saying all the windows don't work or just the drivers side ? if the glass lock on the off position ?

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    The part numbers for pre and post facelift models are different so you may be experiencing a compatibility issue. Do you know which model the replacement unit came off?

Either that or the central locking switch on the 'new' used unit is goosed.