Accord/2nd Gen matt black 1984/5 accord

Discussion in '2nd Generation (1982-1985)' started by Amin exr, Tuesday 6th Nov, 2012.

1. Amin exr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi. My acccord has been waiting patiently for over a year for me to get it on the road. Well that day has come, I when to start it up, I attached a booster pack and turned it over, it was cranking over but would not start :Unknown:. After a few minutes I stoped and thought some thing is not right. This is not like a Honda. Then I rememberd it has got manual choke (ha ha) :Blushing:. I pulled the choke and hey presto it fired up straight away :OTT:. I took it to the MOT station and it passed with out needing any welding :Happy:. So as ov today it has 12 months MOT and 6 months road tax. As you can imagine after being parked up for so long it needs a good clean so thats why i have not taken any photos. After a good clean i will post some photos.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Choke the wonder plunger ! you going to keep this car mini ? This time I want to see it before you do anything with it.
  3. Amin exr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi cj.
    not sure what im doing with it yet.
    just get in touch and you can come and have a look.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am coming this weekend if you are cleaning it out !
  5. Amin exr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

see you then.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    don't know what happened when I was talking you earlier the call just dropped I will be in touch dude.
  7. Amin exr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, I have been driving my accord for a week or so and it drives really good for an old car.
    Suprisingly it is very comfortable and smooth especially over humps and bumps.
    I have had a few passengers in it and they love the fact that it drive so well for an old car :Grin:.
    Also I managed to give it a clean on the weekend so here are a few photos........

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It's good to see older Accords still on the road. That's look in pretty good nick bar the paint. Has someone gone over it with a rattle can ?

Inside looks like new. Accords have always been a smooth ride.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    How did I miss this thread, Mini good to see the car again better not sell this one to a collector who just lurks here for cars.

As for the paint well I told you ages ago what I thought of it :Wink:
  10. Amin exr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks speedy gee. yes it has been spayed with cans, to give it a rat look.
    - - - Updated - - -
    thanks cj, let just say its one of a kind.
  11. Amin exr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Advert removed
    Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 5th Jan, 2013
  12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mod Note:

Please kindly take the time to read rules on selling here on AOC:

General FAQ Items

You do not have the minimum 25 posts required to sell - and also - you should provide images of the said item for sale. Please ensure compliance prior to reposting or your subsequent threads will be removed without notice.

Appreciate it.

13. Amin exr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry about that tdk.
    Now posted in for sale section.
  14. Bertone Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello everyone [;
    I just happen to have bought this car off Amin_exr so not to waste space for a new thread i wish to introduce myslef to 2nd Generation section.
    First of all i was surprised no one wanted to buy it except me ;P as i saw numerous ads posted and this honda is a marvellous example and probably the best chassis condition i've seen so far. Drivetrain is ok, apart from rh side CV joint which costs 40 pound and will be done in a few days and rocker cover gasket which i have already ordered at my local dealers. I started off with replacing coolant fluid, this weekend i'm putting on some ATS Cup alloys, next weekend i'm replacing transmission oil and engine oil for geniune honda. It deserves a new cambelt, water pump and alternator belt and it will all be done in a few weeks as soon as i get some proper tools.
    Future plan is to get rid of that ugly paintwork (no offense Amin but matt paint absorbs and holds rainwater moisture, which leads to corrosion very quickly) I'll paint it brown as the one depicted here

The car got it's story the very first day after I bought it as it got stolen and recovered by the police. I was walking down the street when i saw my own car drive by me, i ran after it, got in and tried to stop the thief but i was forced to jump off shortly.

Unfortunately some damage has been done to the car so i'm in need of a few bits and pieces:
    - ignition barrel, door locks, key, tell me whatever You might have as i can't really close the car at the moment so I don't drive it anywhere
    - left hend side rear door window sill got damaged for no particular reason (idiot must have thought he'll be able to get in that way)
    - upper and lower steering column covers as they were shredded into pieces with a screwdriver.

Apart from above caused by the thief, I'm looking for a missing moulding rh rear corner chrome, right taillight, right front side repeater (i think 3rd Generation should have the same). I'm interested in buying some suspension and bodywork parts just in case suck as springs, sway bars, wheel hubs, so if You know anyone that's breaking one for spares at the moment, please tell me [;

please forgive me if i'm using american names for some parts, I used to work at chrysler, jeep and dodge dealer's and i might not be aware of it [;
  15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Bertone,

Welcome to AOC ,glad you bought mini's car and sorry to hear your car being nicked on it first day ..that just sucks. Hope they find the scumbag who nicked your car.

I have a first gen and most of the parts are different to the second gen i will dig around this summer in the shed to locate some of your bits.

Sorry no one has spotted this thread till now loved to see your restoration of this car and hope members can help out.
  16. Bertone Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank You Ichiban, i'd appreciate it [;
    They have caught the b!!!!!!, but he denied the crime so they've let him go... First moment i was impressed by British police work because the have traced him by his DNA on a screwdriver he left behind, but later on after he was arrested - what did they expect him to do? confess and serve some jail time? ridicolous... they didn't even ask me to recognize the bloke. I saw him one day walking down the street and all I wanted to do was to batter his silly face. Unfortunetely I would most certainly go behind bars for that and I wouldn't achieve anything so I just bit my tongue.

I've got those ATS Cups fitted now, it looks kind of silly with 145/55R15 stretched tyres on them and red stripe on the edge, i'll upload a pic later [;
    I'll paint these stripes silver to match the car's chromes and because my girlfriend has refused to drive with me with them red wheels on ;D
  17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The law is an ass. You want to get the car in a garage mate I would also install a power kill switch from the battery which you have to override to get the car stated. Lastly take the dizzy rotor off when it not in use with out it the car is going no where.