Detailing Matt finish wanted on interior

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by djberney, Sunday 21st Dec, 2014.

1. djberney Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can anyone recommend something to clean my dash to get rid of the glossy finish the previous owner left? I prefer the more matt finish that quality cars have.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

IPA, but keep the doors/windows open. Be careful on the stereo unit etc. It may take the lettering off. As always, try it on a small patch first.
  3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Autoglym "vinyl and rubber care" is the best, check out their web site on how to get the matt finish.
    Nels likes this.
  4. djberney Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

IPA? Sorry to seem NAïve, but the only IPA I know is the beer. It's a good enough excuse to buy some, but I don't know how much will get used on the car!
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Alas, not India Pale Ale
    Iso Propyl Alcohol. Good for cleaning. Not good to drink.
    Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  6. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    I hate the cheap super plasticky finish that the silicon stuff leaves. IPA is great stuff if you can get it but I might also try Autoglym Interior cleaner & shampoo. It's easy to apply with a cloth and wipe off with a chamois that you keep rinsing out.
    Nels likes this.
  7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I think with many of the products if you wipe off straight after if gives you a matt finish and if you leave in for a bit before buffing it gives you a gloss finish, so maybe a few applications the matt method could also help tone it down?