Daily Driver Matt's Accord CU2

8th Generation (2008-2015) vehicle added by mcluzar, Friday 29th Apr, 2016

1. mcluzar Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Australia Matt Sydney
    mcluzar added a new Honda to the garage:

Matt's JDM-wannabe Accord

Check the vehicle's full information here.

Ichiban likes this.
  2. mcluzar Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Australia Matt Sydney
    So thought I'd actually do that long overdue write-up about the car.

Bought it back in October 2010 brand new from Larke Hoskins Honda, as an Australian-delivered base model Accord Euro.
    No fancy schmancy leather seats, no sunroof, no HIDs, but at that time that's what the budget allows... :happycrying: but still very happy about the purchase, no regrets!
    This is how it looks like when it was stock-as-a-rock back in 2010. 17's standard all around.
    207976_10152096878625433_1401391961_n.
    184546_10152336929740433_365631779_n.

Then, come the itch to modify the car so ordered a set of fog lights, and picked up (second hand) a set of 18x8 OEM wheels from the higher-end "Luxury" model.
    Not long after that, stumbled upon someone selling a brand new, Honda OE rear "ducktail" style spoiler in my colour, so I bought them and installed them on the car.
    Love the side profile, the ducktail is a subtle add-on but makes the whole car look nicer from the side and the back IMO.
    1013951_10153009093105433_1892858228_n.
    67057_10153411120085433_1651454844_n.

And then I went on a few years hiatus due to other commitments, didn't touch the car at all and left it be for that 2-3 years.
    Last year, managed to find a Type-S lip sold for good price on a Facebook group for Australian CU2s, didn't think twice and just bought it off the guy straightaway.
    Best purchase I've made since I've always wanted those Type-S lip kit and it's impossible to get them from the dealership now that it's discontinued!!
    DSCF5991-2.
    And then here comes the headlights with clear side indicators for that more "JDM" look :jumpy:, installed early January this year.
    20160115_190716.

After that, went on a rampage to complete the looks of the car and bought off the remaining items - the Modulo side skirt and the Modulo rear bumper.
    I still wanted the Type-S side skirt and rear bumper but thought I'd give up on that idea and pick up the Modulo instead since it's way easier to get in Australia, and also easier for insurance purposes if anything happens (hope nothing happens though!) since they can be sourced from Honda Australia directly.

Then, thought of replacing tyres since they were almost gone anyways and the grip on the standard Michelin Primacy HPs was never enough for my occasional "spirited driving", so also swapped the set of tyres to 235/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003s as Bridgestone had their amazing buy 3 get 1 free deal on their Potenza range!!
    DSC02469.
    :Drinks:
    - - - Updated - - -
    August 26, 2016.

Finally decided to install the set of Eibach Pro-Kit Springs I have sitting around in the storeroom.
    Thought 1" drop will be very subtle but is actually very noticable from the outside - makes the overall stance of the car that bit more aggressive.
    Handles way better around corners with less body roll and more direct response to steering inputs.
    Though not without its drawbacks - when there's passengers in the back the ride gets quite stiff due to the progressive design of the springs...
    20160825_210008.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Some nice mods there Matt, like it :Thumbup:

mcluzar likes this.
  4. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    Not enough modded 8th gens about, yours proves how good they can look with some tasty changes. Nice work bud.

Any future mods planned?

mcluzar likes this.
  5. mcluzar Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Australia Matt Sydney
    Cheers mate! I might get wheels if there's any that caught my attention but at the moment I'm happy with how she turned out for now. :Laughing:

BB Baboonface likes this.
  6. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    Definitely something to be proud of as she stands. Super clean too btw :Niceone: