General Maybe I'm being dim...

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by The Old Stoat, Saturday 31st Oct, 2015.

1. The Old Stoat New Member Getting Started

England Emile Cobham
    which would be no surprise to anyone at all, but I'm trying to work out the CD system on my wife's brand new CR-V SE Navi. Before I go back to the dealer I thought I'd ask here. I was under the impression that CDs loaded to hard drive so that one didn't have a ton of them flapping about the car. Can I find out how to do it? No. So either I've got it wrong and it's a single CD player or I'm missing something significant.

All advice gladly received.

2. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's a single CD and no hard drive. There are various inputs for iPod, USB, etc. to play your music. I find the Connect system is very user unfriendly, it's not intuitive and has got more menus than McDonalds.

FirstHonda likes this.
  3. The Old Stoat New Member Getting Started

England Emile Cobham
    Thanks
    I thought it might be the case

4. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Allegedly it is possible to play the MP3 files you didn't rip from the CDs onto your USB device. I haven't got such a device, unless you count my telephone. Not clear whether one needs to install Pandora or a Honda Connect app (which Google's app store says isn't compatible with the LG G3 and/or Android 5.something) in order to do this. I dare say I shall get an MP3 player and try it out some time.

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The hard drive was a feature with the pre-facelift (2014MY) CR-V like mine, which was another reason why I was so determined to get a run out model.

For me, the Connect system offers lots of 'connection' and 'app' functionality that I'd never use, with a worse sat nav system and the loss of the hard drive.
    - - - Updated - - -
    And it looks aftermarket to me too, whereas the previous version was properly integrated into the dashboard.

Connect isn't a step in the right direction from Honda as far as I'm concerned.

6. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    The only things I actively dislike about it are:
    1. I haven't yet worked out how to control the radio stations (other than to change bands) from the steering wheel. TBH, DAB is in its infancy in Italy and in our area there are very few stations. Only one I want to listen to (Jazz24), but in the future I should like to be able to go to the next station without touching the 7inch screen.
    2. I would have liked a head up display on the screen. And I am not the kind of guy to tackle a DIY job, or tolerate cables running all over the place. Trust my garage? Not yet, haven't seen them at work.
    3. I want to display my apps on the 7inch screen. That way I can use the navigator program I already owned before I bought the car, and which has more up to date maps. There is a bypass and tunnel near here that have been open for three or four years, and Garmin knows ... nada.

Ichiban likes this.