Detailing Meguiars DA Power System

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by roelfarm, Thursday 21st May, 2015.

1. roelfarm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheltenham
  2. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    better than nothing but in my opinion not worth wasting your money on. save up for a megs g220 or sonus DAS polisher. there about £180 - £200 with a few pads thrown in, I've got an early megs g220 and used correctly with good quality pads and polish the correction rate is realy good. will never be as powerful as an orbital but a good go-between from elbow grease and full on expensive machines.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

For only a little more you could get a DAS6 polisher, but these don't include the pads.

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Get a proper DA polisher, don't even entertain the thoughts of these other inferior products. Just get the proper thing, you will not regret it

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Yep :notforme: and :whathesaid:

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I think it's heading to the point where every member of @Staff has a DAS6 :Laughing:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have the first gen megs da and hardly use it. Detailing now is just cleaning for me the hours and days of cleaning waxing doesn't appeal to me . It's is just a massive waste of time it's dirty in seconds so pointless.

Last edited: Friday 22nd May, 2015
  8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I've always preferred detailing by hand, I'd be too worried what damage I could do with a DA :Blink:

Nothing beats waxing a perfectly prepared car using Swissvax "Best of Show" by hand - and I mean by hand, no pad at all. Rub some wax into your palms, and stoke it over the paint...uh-oh!

:SOS:

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    And Arcan Jacks

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Oh yes! :Laughing::dance::Laughing:
    - - - Updated - - -
    I can understand how you feel, but I cannot drive around in a dirty car or let my other half drive hers unless it's gleaming. This place has actually made me even worse. It's shown me how to get the cars to an even higher level. Maybe I'd have been better if I never found AOC. :brickwall:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  11. roelfarm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheltenham
    Thanks for the input..................I am thinking about it, another day and the wave of enthusiasm for a gleaming car will have subsided. I am also worried about the soft Nighthawk Black paint being rubbed away.

12. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    its very difficult to damage paint with a DA. so long as you don't use to aggressive a compound and select a medium/soft pad. keep the speed at around 4 - 5 your laughing. but each to there own. its just a case of being sensible. if the correction is just to reduce swirls and spider webbing, a medium cut compound followed by a finishing compound and glaze brings amazing results. but you have to learn that you need applicable hardness of pad for how aggressive the polish is and the speed at which the polisher is working should relate to the correction being carried out and the poilish used. its kind of an art in a way, and depends how deeply you want to get into it. if you don't feel confident I would just stick with hand application. you can get some very good results by hand! it just takes a lot more time and effort IMHO

Nighthawk, Nels and DeviateDefiant like this.
  13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I use very mild cutting pads (Hexlogic White) as Honda paint is purportedly quite soft, together with some good cutting compound (Sonax Cutmax atm).

Then use a dedicated finished pad (Hexlogic Black) for both the polish and wax (wax applied with a finger mitt applicator).

14. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Nighthawk Black looks just amazing when it is all polished and buffed up. Go nice and slow and you won't break through the lacquer