Removed Meister R CL7/9 Coilover Suspension Group Buy

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by johnny 5, Tuesday 30th Jul, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Meister R 7th Generation Accord Coilover Suspension Group Buy - ALL VARIATIONS

Hey All,

I have been speaking to Meister R himself (Jerrick) and he has confirmed he is happy to offer a special discount on his Accord coilovers (CH1 - 6th Generation & CL7/9 7th Generation) if we get a group buy going.

Having previously owned Civics myself, the Meister R coilovers are very popular within the Honda Civic tuning scene and have proven to be very successful. The coilovers are known to be:

-of great quality
    -give a superb ride
    -increasing cornering stability
    -dual perch design to offer a fully adjustable ride height without affecting the spring rates (also capable of a substantial drop if necessary :Grin:)
    -fully adjustable dampers with 32 levels of adjustment
    -complete with aluminium rubber bush top mounts so ready for immediate fitting
    -Superb Customer service from Jerrick himself and the team
    -UK Based company so fast responses on enquiries (based in Kent, but I have seen him around)
    -Jerrick regularly attends meets and shows; he is a genuine guy not a rip-off

So from looking at the website, we can see that Meister R only produce the Zeta-S setup for the CL7/9, which is the perfect compromise between comfort and performance. This is based on the fact that in reality, the Accord is not going to be used as a track day car by the majority of us (you would get a DC2 ITR for example, one of the best handling FWD cars produced), but this fast road setup offers us the flexibility to lower the car for a more pleasant stance, decrease body roll with a more performance based suspension setup and provide compliant handling without sacrificing ride comfort. I believe this criteria will fulfill the majority of the members on this forum who are looking at lowering/suspension options.

Front Spring Rate: 9kg/mm
    Rear Spring Rate: 6kg/mm

With the above spring rates, we can clearly see that this setup is aimed more for a fast road setup rather than track setup, so do not be concerned if you are worried about having a hardcore rock solid ride. As mentioned by Jerrick himself: "Ideal for fast road and comfortable enough for daily driving"

Honda Accord (CL7) - MeisterR High Performance Suspension & Coilovers

So the price. RRP is £699, as it stands is a very competitive price already. Meister R is able to offer a discount on large orders, the more people we have on board, the greater the discount. The prices delivered are approximately looking as follows:

1-4: £630
    5-9: £595
    10+: £560

I believe there will be at least 10 members on here who would be interested, but we will see how it goes.

Feel free to get in touch with Jerrick if you have any enquiries about the product. Have a look around on the internet if you want to read reviews, there are plenty of reviews by Civic owners who give very positive feedback on Meister R products.

MeisterR High Performance Suspension & Coilovers

Please let me know if you are interested in the Group Buy.

- - - Updated - - -

So to get this Group Buy started:

1. Johnny 5 - Definitely 100% interested

- - - Updated with some breakthrough news- - -

This group buy is now open to ALL variations of the 7th Generation Accord, including TOURERS AND DIESELS.
    Last edited: Thursday 15th Aug, 2013
  2. monkeyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi would be interested if they could accommodate adjustable coilovers for 1st Generation accord hatch
  3. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

looks like they only offer solutions for CH1 and CL7/9 shaped Accords im afraid.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I doubt they will be interested unless they get 15 punters one-off struts will be too expensive. Then they will need technical information to go off to get them into production.
  5. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So is no one interested in lowering their larger than fist sized gap in their Accord wheel arches? I still don't understand why Honda jack their cars up so much, I mean if it was a little lower i could bear it but its just too high lol
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Come on guys it wasn't not so long ago people were looking at lowering their saloons?

johnny you may have to wait a bit longer bud after all it is holiday season and a lot of members will be away and will have limited funds after their holidays.
  7. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sure, thanks for the support Ichiban.

I have also found some random threads which may help people if you have not heard of Meister R and think it is some cowboy brand, but of course feel free to look around yourself on the web:

Thread from Civic Type-r Owners with Jerrick contributing
    MeisterR vs BC Racing Coilovers

FD2 owner:
    Meister R coilovers on my FD2 - full review - Civinfo (i have downloaded and re-attached the review here as you are required to login)

S2000 owner:
    Meister R Coilovers - My review after 3 months - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums/URL]
    Last edited: Thursday 1st Aug, 2013
  8. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

if there is no interest in this, im just gonna go ahead and just order a set for myself so let me know! thanks, Johnny
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You have got to allow for more time buddy .. I know this is a good deal and they will be all kicking when this is gone!

Its happens all the time with Accord owners, I have said before and will say it again 90% of Accord owners are tight they won't spend a lot of mods, also the recession has killed off the modding culture which was really good pre 2008.
  10. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

OK thanks for the positivity Ichiban! I am itching to get my car lowered that's all lol! So even if you don't have the funds at the mo or are possibly considering lowering options, let me know so I have some idea of interest from this forum, so I can convince you this is the right choice haha :Tongue:
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well its been two weeks you posted this in the height of summer hols when no one is around .I would wait two months from now for this to get momentum personally.

if you don't then we know there is no market for here on AOC.
  12. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey guys, I have some good news for all you Tourer owners out there...I have been asking Jerrick about the compatibility with the tourers and he said that they are of a different design so are not compatible...Having said that, he has gone back to his production team and they have confirmed that they already have the specs for the tourer and they are willing to produce them for the tourer if there is some interest. All he is asking is for 3-5 people to be interested and this can be done! This is a wonderful opportunity for you guys as i had a look myself last night and could not find anything in the UK in terms of coilovers for the Tourer owners! If you are interested, then let me know also and I will feed this back to Jerrick!! Hopefully this helps in a big way to get this group buy moving!! :Grin:

On another note, He also mentioned that the coilovers will also suit diesel engine saloons, as the weight difference isnt enough to make a significant change to the coilover design, but simply manually adjusting the coilovers to suit will more than compensate for the difference in weight.

So there we have it, ALL 7 gen owners can now officially partake with this fantastic group buy opportunity with the backing of Jerrick that the coilover components are more than upto the job for all variations. ENJOY!
  13. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

come on guys, if you are interested then now would be the time to order before it starts getting dark, wet and cold...fitting will be a nightmare! :Tongue:
    Last edited: Tuesday 27th Aug, 2013
  14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    true bolts freeze and won't budge! :Pinch:
  15. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am sensing a lack of interest in coilovers (or maybe these coilovers in particular) on this forum, so does anyone know of other Accord forums where I could possibly also share this deal with? Any help is appreciated and we are helping other Accord owners at the end of the day :Smile:
  16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Shame it hasn't worked out . To be honest no one has actually heard or used them on here. So you can be faulted for trying but If someone did fit them on AOC and seen the drop or the review if would have helped with the uptake.
  17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Topic closed if for whatever reason we have a more than 5 members willing to go ahead witha group buy,Please feel free to drop me or anyone of the mods a quick PM it will be reopened.