Feedback/Help Member Suggestion and Concerns.

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by Ichiban, Saturday 18th May, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I aware of that rich but don't you think the approach is way too heavy handed!! You will destroy the locking wheel nut with your approach not to mention any accidental damage to the alloy wheel is you are not careful.

if you get the locking wheel nut with force you will have to buy a new set of locking wheel nuts.. don't you think its easier to get a replacement key...its common sense.

It not that hard is it?

2. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Re: 17s lock nut removal

CJ, I'm just adding to the discussion, I'm not saying he should do it. I agree with you, he should get a replacement key, but he says he doesn't have the code. That Laser tools removal tool looks a good option also.

No ill feeling intended, enjoy your weekend.

Rich

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Rich there is no ill feeling just think it needs to be put into perspective here..

The OP has three options to get the code if you read through the thread and you also have a dealer insight to it which is relevant , it not a matter of your opinion is lesser or not warranted, I don't get where this is leading to .. why do you feel that way ?

On the flip side why would consider laser removal tool as an option if you agree with getting a replacement key ?

4. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Morning CJ, if you're running a public forum you have to accept that some of the members may make posts you don't agree with or are stupid or technically incorrect. As long as they don't breach the forum rules, they can be ignored, like on most forums. This happens on all forums, and these comments just fall by the wayside and are ignored.

What I don't like is that you seem to enjoy picking my posts to pieces to prove I'm stupid, not as clever as you. You do have more Honda knowledge than me, and I accept that.

I accept that this posting about welding a socket to locking nut is stupid, but it is something I have heard people do to get a lock bolt off, but I will retract it.

I'd hope most of my postings are sensible and helpful, for example I'd did find a source for the 17" Delta alloys, which no one else on AOC had managed to find before. Sport grille fitting etc.

I never had problems like this on any other forum I'm on, not sure I will be contributing on here anymore.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Thanks for your views on this Rich.

Since this is open and you chose to make this public..I could have dealt with your upset in private...but here goes.

Your contribution to the community has been so far has been good you have started 40 threads and your delta wheel thread was been usefull to many. Alebit getting the link out of you was a hard act and DD found the link after repeated attempts from members to get the answer out .. Did people make you feel out of place when they requested it? People could have said what the point in starting a thread when you going to tease? but it didnt did it..

We had our disagreemnts in the past and we have left it at that.. but we seem to deal with your concerns openly and other forums.

Why can't you approach me? I am approachbale this not about me singleing you out ,as for causing the upset on this thread it was to give the accurate inforamtion it was not point scoring nor was it to say you were an idiot.

If you need to speak to me in private by PM more than welcomed.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The members threads moved out of the original thread to give leave original thread void of personal talk.

7. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Re: I-DTEC Engines

I've been watching this thread develop. Someone is presenting their experience as gospel truth with no facts or data to back it up and intimidating other members.

Its not a good atmosphere when you feel you can't ask or comment without being verbally bullied/beaten up.

EDIT -CJ
    For clairty the thread in question is http://hondakarma.com/posts/43454/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Rich I have moved that thread into here.

To give your concerns a fairer audience since you like to air these concerns openly.

Can members be candid here to this thread http://hondakarma.com/posts/43454/ and Rich comments.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  9. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi CJ,

I stand by my previous comments that the moderator has presented opinion/experience as fact, and then taken control of the thread and intimidated posters.

This is too heavy handed, creates a bad atmosphere, as Jaytip says 'wish he hadnt asked'.

Shouldn't a Moderator be moderate?

Cheers

Rich

10. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Richsprint,
    You mean TDK comes over as intimidating in the I-DTEC thread?
    And afterwards controling the thread?

11. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes thats what I mean.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will be direct and frank and blunt.

Can I ask why you see it necessary to raise this concern openly. I have asked repeatedly to get in touch with me to discuss this matter.

There are issues which you need resolving on a 1-2-1 basis as this Thread has no bearing to your underlying issues. You said you will not part take in the forum where you don't feel welcomed but you still log on to the forum regularly .

So if you feel so strongly to raise these concern openly but refused to get into a dialogue privately. Then you wonder why you being singled out .

I am again asking you politely to get into a dialogue with me at once. if you can't then we have to part ways.

13. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    I must admit I feel the same way. Sorry TDK, but as a moderator you should indeed be more moderated in what you do or say.
    You have very good experiences with your choice of fuel. All respect. But you seem to neglect other peoples experiences and some hard facts.
    I remember I had a rather strange discussion with you concerning the difference between 'accessorie' and 'option'. Do you remember the words you ended the discussion with? Think twice before you click on 'post reply'.
    I hope you will not be offended by this comment. Seriously. My intention is to move in a positive way.

richsprint likes this.
  14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I-DSI and Richsprint we all come across people in our daily life we just can't get on with.. its a part of human nature if we did we all will be wearing the same clothes, cars , tastes and do everything to a uniformed regimented way.

We will get time to time come across people with strong personalities and sometime they will be in your face, it’s a fact of life you cannot cocoon yourself and wrap yourself in cotton wool and pretend you will be immune from it.

Whilst I sincerely appreciate your feedback I am not taking sides of who is wrong and who isnt. We are all adults here not children. We all need to take a step back and see why this guy is so adamant about his views. I defused that thread as I could see the tension mounting. This diffusion should not be taken as an admission there is fault but a six sense it will boil to bigger thing and lead to issue.

As for type of moderation and our conduct yes we have an issue, and I would admit there are areas for concern in my leadership too… Which will be addressed in our admin\management meet shortly.

I would urge you to take a step back and get speaking to people rather than bottling your frustration it will make things worse.I urge you all to take a note of the rules and under disagreements make note of the points.

Please feel free to get in touch with me on a 1-2-1 basis but i will not be discussing other members issues in detail for impartiality. Your concerns will be taken and acted upon.