Feedback/Help Members Location Map - Entering the Correct Location on Personal Details

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by Nels, Thursday 3rd Apr, 2014.

1. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I have noticed a pitfall on the User Map.

I originally entered 'Midlands' as my location.
    The Map then placed me in 'Midlands, Columbia, USA' ! :Tumbleweed:

If you haven't done so already, check where it places you, and correct accordingly.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    The locations are searched using the Google Maps API, so be as specific as possible without putting it on your doorstep. You can use anything from your city or postcode to longitude/latitude co-ordinates :Smile:

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Thanks DD.
    Just wanted to highlight it in case anyone else had been deported to The States :lol:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Found a few more that may have been deported:

Durham
    Windsor
    Mansfield
    Chatham Kent
    Hamilton
    Tyneside

I think this has happened to everyone who has entered place names that are also in USA, (or other places in the world?).

I don't have time to check all of the map. Need some dinner, and maybe a :beer too !

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

That's a good point, it likely picks what it considers to be the most searched location matching the name. I've got little control over it as that part is handled on Google's servers. As you said in the first post, it's a good idea for people to check where they've been listed.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bump just a reminder folks the map does exisit :Innocent: just been asked this question.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I've still got to do some modifications and patch-ups to it at some point, for those that aren't aware I'm rather bogged down at the moment :Smile:

8. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    A touch of genius! - jamo685 (Samoa - south pacific) seems to have an honda powered amphibian vehicle .. :Niceone: :surfing: :Smile:

: samoa_jamo685.JPG

legend-ary likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    :Happy:most probably a spammer account.