Tyres & Wheels Metallic rattle from front wheel

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by eternal422, Sunday 10th Mar, 2013.

1. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok, just to stop me worrying - I just started getting a metallic rattle from the front near side wheel when driving. It sounds like a stone rattling against the brake disc - possibly against the heat shield? I can't see anything obviously caught, although not had the chance to remove the wheel and look closer.

I'm hoping it will work it's way loose and go. From memory when the pads wear down you get more of a continuous squeal from the wear indicators rather than a rattling?

But in the meantime does anyone know if this is a likely cause? Has anyone else had anything similar?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've had a stone wedge itself in between shield and the disc before. It didn't budge itself, so I had to remove the wheel and free it with a screw drive. That was on a seventh gen Accord as well.

Last edited: Sunday 10th Mar, 2013
  3. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well, no noise on the way into work this morning so I guess it must have been a stone caught somewhere and now gone. Made an awful noise though!
    Thanks SpeedyGee - nice to know that's what it could have been. My next step would have been to remove the wheel and take a closer look.

4. krism New Member Getting Started

Hello,

I had the same issue and the noise came and went. Then I saw the compliance bush was knackered and occasionally the arm would be on the subframe and rubbing when turning at low speed giving the metallic sound you speak of. I would have another look.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Compliant bush collapse would result in more of a thud than a scraping sound.As the suspension are would then be sat on the subframe.