Detailing Metro Vac Air Force Blaster

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by Ichiban, Saturday 4th Apr, 2015.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    As Honda owners we are well aware off how easy its to swirl your paint finish , you can take all the precautions in washing of your car but you can't stop painting marring and small holographic swirls left in the drying your car even with a quick deatiler.

The soft paint is so susceptible to this you have to constantly be careful or just paint correct your car nearly every year to get rid of this. I have used my petrol leaf blower in the past but it takes forever to get it bone dry and achieve a touch less finish.

I came across this which for the money may be worth every penny, as the air will be warm. what do all of you think ?

Item Description

The Air Force Blaster was specifically built to dry cars and motorcycles. Water is easily and thoroughly blasted out of every hard-to-reach area. Each accessory tool is designed to help you in achieving perfect, sparkling results without leaving water spots or streaks.
    The Air Force Blaster has a 4.0 Peak horsepower motor that blasts air at an impressive 29,000 ft/min. Thats 330mph! It was specifically designed for cleaning and drying automobiles with dry, filtered warm air (about 20-25 degrees above ambient temperature).
    A product like this is a real indulgence when it comes to detailing but we absolutely love it. The airflow and heat produced means it's possible to dry a car without having to rub it with a towel, astage which can often cause light marring to the paintwork. It's also possible to remove water from annoying areas like around badges and lights that often drip down the paintwork even after your best efforts to remove all traces.
    Features & Benefits
    • 4.0 peak horsepower and 9.5 amp twin fan motor
    • 29,250 ft./min. air flow
    • Cuts drying time by up to 75%
    • Complete set of accessories
    • Sturdy all steel construction
    • Heavy Duty neoprene blower nozzle
    • Easy change foam filter
    • One Year Manufacturer's Warranty
    Accessories
    Accessory attachments include a 10 foot heavy duty hose, a cone shaped blower nozzle, a neoprene blower nozzle (to protect against accidental dings and scratching), a crevice tool and a micro adapter kit.

2. roelfarm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheltenham
    Looks good but for 1 car it's pricey, I have a pro leaf blower that may do the job, I shall give it a go

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have a few cars and bikes so this will do nicely actually may invest in it, leaf blower does take an eternity.

4. roelfarm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheltenham
    The cost per Car/Bike will justify the initial outlay. Looks a handy piece of kit

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That does look really effective. :Niceone:
    Just have to and it to my ever growing list. :Laughing:

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Nighthawk Guest

8. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Good idea, but cannot use an heat gun at low temperature and full blast to achieve the same result?

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No way its like playing with fire.

10. Nighthawk Guest

A heat gun also isnt a high air speed tool - but I agree with CJ, its a rather dangerous tool to use on paintwork

11. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Ok then, a 1,800W her dryer.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    still won't as if you don't concentrate you will burn the paint, you dry the car with flame thrower too but why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut also.

leonard likes this.
  13. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Ha,ha,only joking mate.
    As I said before is good idea but you have to justify the cost.
    Why not make one yourself , only you need an oven fan & heating element in a appropriate housing and a hoover hose job done:Niceone:

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Me making one you need time which I don't have mate ..