Off-Topic MG6

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheDarkKnight, Wednesday 9th Apr, 2014.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Saw one of these ghastly looking monstrosities today.

I peered down at the minion within and just couldn't help but laugh at his sack of rubbish wannabe-rep-mobile. couldn't tell if he was a rep or owned the car.

Either way, that car is a joke of epic proportions and I couldn't contain my laughter and disdain for something exceptionally craptacular! Of all the cars to buy on Gods Green Earth, why the (expletive!) would you have THAT!

:eek: :Epic Fail:

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    but maybe better than a Great Wall offering, think they kill you having a small accident.

3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

This Great Wall looks like a..
    florid_2_b.

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Florid?

Either they missed the "A" (as in Florida) or its just "horrid". YUCK!

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Head over to SniffPetrol and just search for MG6 you will get the picture..LOL

SPAD_MG6_2.

SPAD_MG6_3.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Florid looks like a cross between a Yaris and a Suzuki Alto .. anyone heard the latest The Accounting firm that is Toyota again on a mass recall! :lol:

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

At least Toyota are honest enough to recall and attempt to fix their wrongs. How many German car makers have done the same - especially when their chocolate engine reliability has never been in the top ten for almost a quarter of a century now....

Getting back to the MG6, I think I have seen about 3 in total - seriously - WHY, just WHY would anyone buy this heap of trash? WHY?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!

John Dickson likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why ? = An upgrade from Korean's sweeping the nation why not try a Chinese.

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:Rolf:

Ouch!!!!!

10. Julianp Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paris
    Have any of you actually driven one of these? You might be quite surprised. I had one for a weekend when Avis put some on their UK hire fleet. It has actually quite a strong engine (I drove the 1.8 turbo petrol), a crisp gearbox and the ride and handling is quite decent, something some of the UK motoring magazines have commented on, somewhat to their surprise too. The standard kit for the price is pretty good too. Styling is a personal matter, and it certainly has its faults , including poor rear visibility, indifferent interior trim quality and instruments which are too small. I probably wouldn't choose to buy one, there are better cars to drive in its class IMHO, but I can understand why some people might, with the generous guarantee and free servicing packages MG has offered. Forty to fifty years ago the first Japanese cars imported into Europe were ridiculed, the same happened to the first Korean cars in the 1990s, and now the Chinese are starting their export offensive. If MG can sort out their marketing in the UK and distribution in continental Europe, I wouldn't take any bets on where they may reach in another 15-20 years.
    Julian.
    PS Please don't flame me for daring to suggest that anything other than a Honda Accord has any merit at all!

11. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    That looks better than the hideous ugly current gen Civic! If anything the Civic looks like a Chinese car made in some dodgy factory.

John Dickson likes this.
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I dare not say that the Swindon appreciation society will out with my voodoo doll.:Innocent:

John Dickson likes this.
  13. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

I know an old man who has always drove Civics, but not the new one, didn't like it so bought a new style Astra

14. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Tell him to get a Jazz, that's where its at for old folk these days

15. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Ha ha. :Laughing:
    If you're good and behave yourself, you could be one too !

men141.

16. sunbeem Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can't help noticing a major design flaw.

The first door handle I designed was a total failure, known in the trade as a chocolate fireguard. When "finished", I tried to add screw-holes, but there was nowhere to put them without ruining the article. From then on, I began any design with the necessary "givens."

This car has no suitable place for the front number plate, which ends up on a three - dimensionally curved surface, partially obscuring the air-vent beneath.
    Not a good start for a nation with such an illustrious history -- as anyone who has studied Feng Shui will be aware, they were highly sophisticated when we lived in caves. How times do change.

lisa3.

Sunbeem.

17. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This is all that matters.

You can polish a turd, but its still a turd. And thats exactly what the MG6 is. A polished turd.

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    BMW do it so why is it ridiculous when a Chinese firm does it .. We live in the world of social media and vanity we have to brag about our turds. Come one get with it ..