Tyres & Wheels Michelin tyres

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Old Cruiser, Saturday 7th Mar, 2015.

1. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    does anyone have any opinions on Michelin primacy 3 v's Michelin pilot sport 3 tyres, any feed back on the two appreciated.
    Cheers Pete

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've had Michelins Premacy 3's. They grip really well in all weather but the downside of that is that the soft rubber wears pretty quick.

hondream likes this.
  3. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Thanks for that mate, what are you running on now?
    Cheers Pete

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    On the fronts I now have Yokohama Advan Sports. They lack the grip of the Premacy 3s but should last longer.

5. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    ah right, not had yokohama's on any car in the past, only on some of my old motorbikes, might well give the Michelin premacy 3 's a go .
    Cheers Pete

6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Put some Goodyear Eagle F1's Asymmetrical 2 tyres into your list for consideration - I have gone from Bridgestones to the F1's are they are a world apart. So much nicer to drive on and they grip like mad too. Put the Bridgestones to shame. Havent used Michellins in years, but I used to really like them.

Old Cruiser likes this.
  7. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Bit the bullet and got two Michelin PS3's fitted on the front and have to say they are a pretty good tyre done about 400 miles on them, so pretty much bed in so to speak , the grip is great in the dry , not been tested in the wet yet (hardly rained since fitting them!!) not all that much quieter than those horrid BCT s600 things surprisingly, but the straight line stability at speeds of 80- 90 mph is so much better, whereas with the BCT I'd get to about 80mph and I'd get that tramping feel through the car as if the toe was out, so apart from not much chance to try out in the wet as such, I'd say a great tyre.
    Cheers Pete

Nighthawk likes this.
  8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    You can't beat a premium tyre - sorry, but you just can't.

Glad you are happy with them, Michellins are great once they wear in although they tend to get a bit noiser towards the end of their life span. You won't have any problems in the wet with them either.

9. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    You're right there mate you can't beat a premium tyre, got to say I was quite disappointed at the time when I bought the car and the dealer had put those BCT's on, but as usual with dealers, cheap is best!!LOL
    Cheers Pete

10. Sphinx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

11. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    yeah saw your post about that, must have extremely soft walls on those Eagle F1's , got the Michelin primacy HP on the back which were on there when I got the car and they don't seem too bad on the rears, nearly went for those on the front but after hearing how good the PS3's are for the accord I went for them on the front and don't regret it, at least not at the moment!!LOL
    Cheers Pete