Tyres & Wheels Michelin Tyres

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by schipper, Tuesday 21st Jun, 2016.

1. schipper Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tone Rugby area
    Hi - has anyone any experience of Michelin CrossClimates on their CR-V? I have them on my current Citroen C4 Picasso and find them excellent, if a bit expensive to buy! Thinking of fitting them to my 2005 Sport when I get it - present tyres are Bridgestones.

2. Davej5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dave Cornwall
    There is a review of them on an Accord in the members reviews section it may be somewhat relevant to the CR-V

3. macquatic Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland mac Highland
    Not sure if you can get the right sizes. Available sizes - HERE
    I looked into getting them for my Gen 3 but Michelin don't make them for it.
    As far as the tyres are concerned, we have been fitting them on our work fleet for a while now an the a proving to be an excellent tyre.

4. schipper Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Think 2nd Generation CR-V has 215\65R16 and CrossClimates are made in this size. All reports I have seen are very positive and if this saves me having two sets of wheels I think they are a no brainier. Thanks for your replies chaps - will let you know how things go.

5. Awesome_Ian Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ian Glasgow
    I'm with you bud. Got falkens on my gen 2 and they are poor. Under a hundred quid a tyre on black circles for crossclimates. I think I'll be having a pair next month.

6. Eureka Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul Lancaster
    I've had crossclimates fitted to my CR-V since November & I really rate them.
    I've always had 2 sets of wheels for previous cars with a set of winter and summer tyres.
    I decided I wanted some new tyres for the CR-V as the ones fitted when I bought it had plenty of tread but were budget tyres and not great in the wet.

The crossclimates are impressive when it comes to wet conditions. I can say without doubt the best wet weather tyre I have used so far.
    Not had to use them in anything more than a couple of icy mornings and a light sprinkling of snow.

When it comes time to replace them I can't see me buying anything else & will be getting another set.
    The crosscontact badged bergus coat was a nice bonus too.

7. schipper Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's good - just bought a set from 'mytyres.com' and having them fitted at the weekend. I will post an evaluation when I've had them a while.

8. schipper Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have now done about 3000 miles on the Michelin Crossclimates and I'm really pleased with them. We have just come back to the UK after two months in France and we have driven in all weathers except snow and ICE and on all types of road. The tyres really give a feeling of security and are excellent in the wet. They are also a lot quieter than the Bridgestones which were on when I bought the car!

9. Awesome_Ian Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ian Glasgow
    Put a pair on the front of my CR-V about 4 months ago, and have done about 4k miles on them so far. Very happy. Like schipper, I've not seen any real snow yet but have been fine on icy roads, and no sign of aquaplaning on the big puddles. I will be replacing my rears wth a pair in spring and hope to see the longevity other reviewers online have promised.