Show Us Your Car Mike's EK3

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by HiggsEK, Monday 13th Oct, 2014.

1. HiggsEK Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike West Midlands
    Right, i've introduced myself, now its time to introduce my car.
    This is my day to day driver so its rough around the edges although i am always doing bits to try & tidy it up!

I bought her off a friend a few months ago after my ej9 decided it didn't want a cambelt anymore. I needed a car so i stripped the troublesome EJ, got the EK home and swapped anything that wasnt facelift only onto it.

IMG_20141004_085709_zpsjh72ykss.

IMG_20140919_161601_zpslfyqta7e.

20141012_145306_zpsbvvbxb8w.

I don't have a picture of the seats in the EK, but here's one of them in my EJ..

20140313_162245_zpskkiptn1j.

Some if these pictures are quite old :/

So spec as she stands;
    Stock 1.5 VTEC-E lump
    Spirit9 short shifter
    Ebay coilovers
    15" Rota Grids
    UKDM FN2 CTR front seats
    ASR & Spoon replica rear lower braces
    JDM EK9 front upper brace
    OMP Replica dished steering wheel
    ITR gearknob.
    Aerocatch bonnet pins
    Kode bonnet spacers.
    Kanjo style door number boards

Silly things at the moment, but i've got a 282mm front disk conversion sitting in my shed waiting to be matched up with a decent B swap!

Thats it for now, thanks for looking

Filipa and Duc de Pommfrit like this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Don't think people spotted this as most people watch for new garage entries then read the threads attached :Smile:

:garage:

I'm a huge fan of the EK in general, but I've never driven a VTEC-E before, how does the valve activation feel when it kicks in at low revs, I'm guessing nothing like traditional VTEC?

You've got your priorities right with the 282mm upgrade to match a B16/B18 swap :Laughing: She'll fly mate, any plans to charge her? Or just I/H/E and a good map on the B lump?

3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Hello and welcome to HK :welcome:, nice looking Civic. Look forward to seeing more pictures.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Apologies for not replying sooner. I've just got back from a week away and was working my way through 1400+ posts.
    That's a nifty set up for a 'daily driver'. Not sure if I've seen your car around, as I am in the West Mids too. :Drinks:

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to HK, looking forward to seeing and hearing more of her.

HiggsEK likes this.
  6. HiggsEK Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike West Midlands
    Yeah i did try to stick a gargae post up but i can't actually find it on the tapatalk app! Maybe a mod could move the post for me?...

But anyway, no, nothing like traditional VTEC at all, its basicly runs on 3 valves per cylinder untill around 2,200 RPM, then the 4th valve (2nd inlet) comes to life. It does go quite well once its up in the revs for what it is though!

As for the B swap i'd like to stay N/A, if i go b16 i'll do the usual head breathing mods, matched up to JDM b18c/aftermarket cams & pulleys and a decent flowing exhaust. Tbh i'm not looking for major power, maybe around the 180bhp mark from a b16. Ideally wanna get the chassis ready before the engine goes in though haha!

7. HiggsEK Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike West Midlands
    Where about in the Mids are you Nels?

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I'll PM you.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to HK Mike , sweet ride you got there with some tasty mods :Grin:

HiggsEK likes this.
  10. HiggsEK Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike West Midlands
    Thanks Ichiban :Smile:

I wad sure i had better pictures but seem to have more of my old ej9, maybe i've neglected the ek3 :/

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    As long as you have good memories with the car the rest is history .

HiggsEK likes this.
  12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I remember seeing your car at the Honda meet at Star City some weeks back :Smile:

HiggsEK likes this.
  13. HiggsEK Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mike West Midlands
    Yeah i was there with my pal in the red ED7, first time i had a massive dent in my bonnet, second one i had a blue bonnet aha