Electrical & Lights Milmeter digital display

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by david seale, Thursday 30th Oct, 2014.

1. david seale Premium Member Club Supporter

kent
    i have trouble seeing my milometer digital display as it is very dim, and if I turn my lights on it goes even dimmer virtually non visible.
    Is this normal or is there a quick fix for this ?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

on a quick note, have you adjusted the brightness of your dash panel, before you go ripping things appart, as you look at the instruments, you have two knobs, the left one with what looks like a clock on it and a right one which is blank and works the trip.

turn the left one with the clock on it first, to see if the brightness has been turned down as this is the brightness adjustment control., otherwise it may be a failed bulb.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You would make the assumption that the basics have been done but yup agree with @Harvey something its the obvious things rather the sledge hammer approach.

5. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've been told many times @Ichiban assume things at your own peril, and it works.
    Its worth checking the basics first though, with brightness adjustment. I found this by accident for the same reason, the dash brightness was very dim, which is what it sounds like.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  7. david seale Premium Member Club Supporter

kent
    Yep I've adjusted brightness all speedo lights clearly visable just the digital milometer that is dim

Harvey likes this.
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    In that case I would try changing the bulb for that location first, see how that goes. If it's still dim with the new bulb then you may have a circuit issue which is causing insufficient current to flow to that location.

Harvey likes this.