Electrical & Lights Mirror repeater lense replacement

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by dennismate, Thursday 6th Feb, 2014.

1. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    I need to replace the indicator repeater lense in the passenger door mirror, Honda want silly money to do it, so I was thinking of having a go at it myself. Has anyone attempted this before, if so how Hard/Easy is it? or should I swallow the big one and let Honda take care of it?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    Thanks SG, looks very similar, however, any ideas how to remove the mirror glass to get to all the gubbins behind it?

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hmmmmm Im not too sure mate

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will look it up for you now bud.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    First Mirror Holder Removal.

Carefully push on the top edge of the mirror holder (A) by hand.
    Put a shop towel in the opening between the bottom edge of the mirror holder and the mirror housing (B) to prevent scratches. Insert a flat-tip screwdriver wrapped with protective tape to the guide notches (C) of the mirror holder, and detach the bottom clips (D).

NOTE: Put on gloves to protect your hands.

Image1.JPG

While heating the mirror holder (A) from the opening between the mirror holder and the mirror housing with a heat gun, carefully pull out the bottom edge of the mirror holder to separate the adhesive (B), and then release the side clips (C).
    NOTE: Do not heat the resinous parts too much or you may damage them.

Separate the mirror holder from the actuator (D) by releasing the hooks (E), and disconnect the mirror defogger connectors (F). If equipped, disconnect the automatic dimming mirror connector (G).

image3.JPG image2.JPG

Remove the screws and the visor (A).

Pull out the side turn signal light (B), then disconnect the 2P connector (C) from it.

Install the light in the reverse order of removal.

Side Turn Signal Light Replacement AOC1.JPG

Before reinstalling the mirror holder to the inner holder (A) of the actuator, check the actuator rods (B) and the actuator boots (C):
    • If each rod is off the actuator hole, insert it securely.
    • Each rod should be covered with a boot. If not, adjust the boot into the proper position.

Reconnect the mirror defogger connectors. If equipped, reconnect the automatic dimming mirror connector.
    Reattach the hooks of the mirror holder to the actuator, then position the mirror holder on the actuator. Carefully push on the clip portions of the mirror holder until the mirror holder locks into place.
    Check the actuator operation

image4.JPG

Its clear the indicator lens is one module

Item 1 & 2 as per the image , yours is the passenger side Part Number (34350-TL0-G02) LIGHT ASSY., Left. SIDE TURN £56.63

B__4300.

Ring HH and see if they can do you a deal on club rates.

7. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    Cheers bud, if it stays dry this weekend I'll give it a go

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cool let us know how it pans out.

9. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    Job Done - 100 quid saved.

Thanks Ichiban for the instructions, it's quite easy really.

I took the whole mirror assy of the car to do it which means removing the door card but that's pretty straight forward as well.

The only worrying part is prising the mirror glass away from the holder with a flat blade screwdriver, you must be carefull to apply gentle pressure otherwise you could easily crack the glass, but once you have released the clips a little gentle heat (hairdrier would do) the mirror comes away easily and then you can get access to all the screws to remove the bezel. Once the bezel is removed the indicator just lifts out (note it is a sealed unit and you cannot replace the bulbs or LED's in it).

It is an expensive part - I paid £56.63 inc. the VAT from Ewell Honda for mine, but fitted they would have charged me £167.00, so well worth having a go.

Total time from beginning to end, including removing the door card, and taking my time to prise off the mirror glass - 1 hour.

DeviateDefiant and Ichiban like this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    awesome did you take any pictures fella? another member who owes me a pint :Drinks::Wink:

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    For the eagled eyed members anyone spotted the fact even your side view mirrors are auto dimming like your internal review mirror. This WAS NOT a feature in the 7thgen nor even the accessories route.

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Some of us quite like our 7th Gens anyway :Tongue: