Body, Paint & Styling Mirrors Don't Tilt

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Robbie, Sunday 23rd Jun, 2013.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I noticed the other day that the mirrors no longer tilt automatically when I reverse. It's no hardship, but have I turned anything off when I have been playing around with the various controls on the dashboard or steering wheel? The new CR-V has so many sensors and hi-tech controls it's inevitable that you can mess things up.

If there is a problem I'll wait until it goes in for its first service as it's nothing urgent.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Adjust the left mirror for normal driving then leave the adjuster tab still in left position then engage reverse gear that should do it.

If the adjuster tab in in the middle or right the left mirror won't dip when in reverse gear ...well that on the Accord 8th Generation I assume the CR-V uses the same.:Unknown:

Any 4th Generation owners comment on this?

3. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    That will be it. I adjusted the mirrors when I took the caravan in for its service. I'll check tomorrow when I get it out of the garage.

Many thanks.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It will work bud, keep us posted.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    How well thought out ! No such option on the Range Rover Sport I drove at work, it always dipped the mirrors when reversing, found it a little annoying. When I enquired about disabling it, was told you can't !

6. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Yes, it worked. I had the slider in the central position, and when I moved it to the left the mirror tilted. I assume if you moved it to the right the right hand mirror will move. Must try that next time I get the car out.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Don't think right mirror tilt Robbie.At least it does not on my Accord.
    Not sure on CR-V.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good that's sorted :Smile:, the right one does not tilt the left one is just so you can see the kerb more easily. you sat on the right so you are expected to see a bit better :Whistle: :Wink: