Pre-Purchase Missed out on this car

Discussion in '1st Generation (1976-1981)' started by accordheritage, Saturday 20th Sep, 2014.

1. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Decided to bid on this 1st Generation. I have all new parts to make it perfect to sell on, then sod it. Project car daily driver, nice set of alloys and a sweet little fast road car.

$_57-1. $_57. $_57-2. $_57-3. $_57-4.
    Not to be. But at least the price is above what a long bumper late car normally makes. Nothing special apart from power steering. Doesn't have the correct front wings from an 80 model. It has 76-78 wings. Why on a tidy car. Think it may have had a bump, seems to me the front bumper curtain may be missing too. Not brave enough to bid. Too much work for what I'd call a doer uper. 80s accord models can hide rot.

Hell my 13 thousand mile car was only 620 quid.

May save up a little and build a Civic 1335 hillclimb spec but being theaccordman I have to really want it and have space in the boot for a buggy.

Just seen the Triumph Acclaim. Possible choice

Oh well whoever wins this. Look after it.

Last edited: Sunday 21st Sep, 2014
  2. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Wow it sold for 1020 pounds. Very expensive for a long bumper with incorrect parts.

Keep a look out for this car on here.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Accord are holding their values ,hope we see this car and its new owner here.

4. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice spec, 5 speed and P/S spend time and source the correct parts,respray and it s sorted, even if the total bill ran to 2500 to 3000 it would make a nice motor.

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

6. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Doesn't matter. Bit greedy having 3. But one's low mileage other is perfect so idea was to have a modified one. Just needed a solid base car but a bit cheaper to get me started. It was the power steering that caught my eye.. Oh well. Like you say one will turn up. I like the stubby bumper earlier cars, apart from one very low mileage green example :Wave:

Maybe this was the wake up I need to finally get cracking on my 73 Civic :hunter:

7. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I love some of these older cars, so much character and there is just something about them which just makes them all so special

8. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I just noticed the choke light, I remember my old fiesta had a one.