Mitsubishi admits fuel economy rigging

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheDarkKnight, Wednesday 20th Apr, 2016.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mitsubishi admits fuel economy rigging | Autocar

This is how it started out with VW.

I am willing to bet my left buttock (or the right if one prefers) that the fuel economy claims about the crappy PHEV Outlandish/er will also emerge as a total nonsensical figure that Mitsubishi found wallowing in the nearest rectum.

I hope the powers that be impose massive and disproportionate punitive charges against suck ilk. Mind you, with the penalties that are looming over VW, which amount to almost three times its market capitalisation, if the US EPA gets its way and forces through the fines, VW could sell off all its crown jewels and still end up bankrupt.

Thats not a wish or a whim - it is real, and VW know it. But hopefully now, the inane public buying those junk Outlandish PHEV crap will sullenly sit and wonder what other garbage they are ingesting. Muppets.

exec likes this.
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    'The issue applies to four models, available only in the Japanese domestic market. These are four superminis; the EK Wagon and EK Space fall under the Mitsubishi brand, while the Dayz and Dayz Roox are manufactured for Nissan.'

PHEV is no good to begin with so I don't know if it can get any worse for them in UK

WhatCar? Long Term Review: Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 PHEV GX4hs long-term review - What Car?
    Currently, the average is around 47mpg. For a 4x4 that’s as big and practical as the Mitsubishi, that’s not too bad. However, against the 148mpg claimed average it’s more disappointing, so it’s easy to see why owners feel a bit let down.

The only reason people are using it because of its supposedly 44g/km output which companies are taking advantage of..

exec likes this.
  3. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    Achtung Banzai

A6M3_Zero_N712Z_1.

4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

FirstHonda likes this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

6. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    This could make them go bust if they have to payout, they are already a struggling brand and the car division is not that big.

I hope not though, as they are truly one of the great car makes out there steeped in history with some legendary motors coming out of their factory. The Evo 8 is one of my dream cars. :dribble:

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

"I look like Robert De Niro, I drive a Misubishi Zero."

Zebster likes this.
  8. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Billy is demanding royalties...

FirstHonda likes this.
  9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Last time I saw him live, that line became,

"I look like Robert De Niro, if he was 38 and came from Essex."

It may have been a few years ago...

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have little/no sympathy for those that cheat - I am all in favour of having the book thrown at such companies - Honda included if they are found to have done something amiss. I hope for their sake that they havent, but in the interests of consumer honesty, every car maker who lies to and deceives its customers and regulatory authorities should be slammed with the harshest punitive measures one can implement.

11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Ichiban likes this.
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well the mitsu car in question was made by Nissan who is owned by the frogs badged as a jap car.. FCUK The Frogs strike again,

Next up Nissan , all the jokes, qashshyte have Renault engines. This is the problem with sleep in bed with riff raff you get herpes.

John Dickson likes this.
  13. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Wrong way round. Mitsu made those cars for Nissan and it was Nissan who caught them.

jimjams likes this.
  14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    oh :Whistle:So the frogs(Nissan) are playing holier than thou Japanese don't do super grass.

15. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Never understood why they went to Renault engines. Surely it was catch of the century for Renault when they got in with Nissan, giving them immediate access to something Renault never knew before - RELIABILITY!

Qashsyte :Rolf::likeit:

exec and jimjams like this.
  16. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    they'd better start shifting some more air conditioners and hand dryers

exec likes this.
  17. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Ah shame man, this was once a great manufacturer, facing a lot of problems now ! :Frown:

jimjams and exec like this.
  18. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Well they have one chair and part of a group, so it makes sense to share and Renault have better experience with Diesel engines, i'be not heard much issues with their engines in the Qashqai? Mechanically they are fine, its electrically where the French come short most of the time.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I think forcing someone into bankruptcy is unfair though, you are effectively punishing an entire company and its workforce for the actions of a few board members and engineers, thousands of people could potentially lose their jobs. By all means punish the company but keep it proportionate.

19. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd just want VW and others to pay a very heavy price. I'm sure Deutschland can find some welfare/jobs for those who lose theirs - I don't disagree with your view - the majority should not be punished for the actions of a few - but sometimes, corporations like VW who are clearly in cahoots with Govts and regulators need their backside handed on a plate to them for the smell of the coffee to take effect.

VW to take $18 billion hit as German carmakers face recall - Yahoo Finance

I'm sure European VW owners will be more than cheesed off when they see the massive handouts that US owners will get and over here, they will get....nothing apart from a free fix which actually makes emissions and fuel economy worse! Brilliant move by VW!

exec and John Dickson like this.
  20. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Those with the shiny 15 plate golf TDI will be spitting blood now they are virtually worthless. Mind bet you could get a 16 plate for a song if you really had to.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Yes to be fair you don't hear of any really bad issues with the Quashqai (although Nissan are way below where they used to be in the satisfaction surveys)

A mate of mine did buy a brand new Qashquai +2 only to leave the dealership with his trade in when he went to pick it up. The gearbox had disintegrated in between the salesman driving it onto the forecourt to him arriving to pick it up. They said they would fix it but he rejected their offer as he had bought a new car not a repaired one. Quite right too!

exec likes this.