Off-Topic Mitsubishi Recalls

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Monday 16th Feb, 2015.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Just had two recalls land on my desk, the DPF and also Timing Chain Tensioner. Not sure if it's for all models, the one we have is a Shogun.

Apparently to change the timing chain and tensioners will take them 14.8 hours! :shock:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Oh dear, any idea how many vehicles are affected ?

That's going to hurt Mitsubishi a lot !

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Not sure but I'll upload what each letter says.

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    20150216_125822.

20150216_125830.

5. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's good to see they're doing it for free - certain Merc + Beemer engines have similar issues with the chains that are not being fixed FOC and instead they are letting the warranty run out and making the owners pay 2k+

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Finally managed to book it in. They never called back from this morning and no apology for lack of call back but maybe they are busy.

Disappointed at their response to a courtesy car, only a maybe we'll try if it has to go in for 14 hours. This is a £32k car only one year old. Honda give me a courtesy car no problem every time if it's in for even less than a day.

7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Although it's shameful that brand new high tech cars need recalling, the Japanese companies are always honorable and recall cars to fix them, unlike German, American and other European counterparts who too often arrogantly ignore and deny an arm list full of issues with their cars!

I've also noticed how chains are somewhat of a false positive, they seem to have more issues than a timing belt and in reality are not a life long item, because they end up needing changing at some point in the cars life.