Aftermarket Kit MK III to MK IV rear wiper arm

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by leonard, Saturday 24th May, 2014.

1. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Does anybody know if MK III rear wiper arm&blade fit MK IV CR-V ?
    Despite all the nice look of MK IV the rear wiper arm is the most basic thing and need replacing ASAP.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Need to compare part numbers and a physical check too , but why would you want an older wiper blade ?

3. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Please if anybody can do that,to save me going around on car park with a tape measure .
    Because it looks better than the new one

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If its any consolation, I ditched the rear wiper blade and slapped a Bosch Aero Wiper on there - 12 inch. Far better than the older style wiper and no squealing when it wipes too. The arm however, is unchanged.

5. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    I managed to find a MkIII and measure the rear Wiper&arm and is about 25mm longer than MKIV .
    Will that be a problem?

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you have a rear spoiler, yes as the blade will hit it. The standard blade is 13", my Aero Wiper is 12" (13" wasnt available).

Suppose you could compensate the longer arm with a corresponding shorter blade, but then it will not wipe a big a surface area when it rains - which in my mind is a bit defeatest as you need good rear visibility when reversing/parking when it rains/snows etc.

Nels likes this.