Off-Topic Mobile phone - what's yours?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SayamaAccord, Saturday 25th Aug, 2012.

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

HTC Desire S (Android phone)

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The best phone I have ever had iPhone 4s.

4. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Iphone & love it!!

5. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I thought there was only one proper mobile phone, the iPhone.
    I thought the rest were just copies.:Wink:

Ichiban and Malibu like this.
  6. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Windows Phone, the way it integrates with twitter and Facebook is really impressive, you don't even need to install the apps.

7. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Samaung Galaxy 2 great phone 3 should be even better if not a little on the large side.

8. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

HTC Sensation, looking forward to getting the Galaxy S3

9. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks for the replies...looks like I have to get with the programme...would like to go Apple but don't really want to pay the thick end of a grand for a mobile phone...I think I'll see where the land lies with 4g before I dive in...might even get the next ipod touch if it has 4g and keep my LG just for calls.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Apple phone hold their values more than any android phone, may be get changed with the new S3 but you will get good money when you trade them in even in tatty condition.

Plenty of used iphone out there at reasonable price mate. Kick off with a 3GS that will be compatible with iOS 6 too :Thumbup:

11. I-S Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

UK
    Motorola Defy running Cyanogenmod 10 (Android 4.1). Waterproof, robust, smartphone. Can you wash your silly little iphones?

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    lol anti apple sentiment..

13. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Motor who? :Tongue:

14. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon

Err. I'd be careful here. I had 3GS when iOS5 came out. The lack of enough memory was really showing up there after upgrade to iOS5. Even when running stock software with nothing on it, it was just terrible. It meant disabling all 'backgrounded' apps to be able to operate somewhat smoothly.

Not sure how much pressure iOS6 will put on older phones. I feel quite safe with 4S, I think 4 will be able to handle it, but 3GS ... I wouldn't.

But yeah ATM iPhone is the only phone if you want smooth and non-irritating experience. And please don't brand me a fan boy :Smile: I wanted to change for Android last time I was upgraded. I really did. But then I went to the store and had a look at some latest Android handsets, and the UI was so far behind in terms of responsiveness and ease of use that I had to pass. I'm fine with tweaking my Computer OS etc, but I want my phone to be simple, go to messages when I want it to go to messages (not to think for 10 seconds WTF did I just press, then go to messages and crash ... here I bow to Windows Mobile 6.x OS).

But maybe next year, when the next upgrade comes, there will be something decent from Androids. Especially with all the lawsuits by Apple, quite annoying, claiming they own everything that looks even remotely close to their products.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Strange that Helen got a 3GS and it running fine on iOS 5.

16. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Hmm. Well that might have been my subjective feeling. I just expect too much or something was wrong with the phone.

17. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Work supplied phone is iPhone4.

Own phone is Galaxy S3.

For me the Galaxy S3 rocks! I'm not starting a iPhone vs Android or iPhone vs Samsung fight, just stating I that I have both but for me the S3 ticks all the boxes.

18. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Of course it does. With all the technologies stolen from Apple it has to! :Smile: JK

19. Dave400 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

6210 Navigator, nothing special, but does the job.. waiting for a Windows Phone 8 Nokia :Grin:

20. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Galaxy S3 with custom rom on it.

Wife has a Galaxy Note again with a custom rom on it.