Off-Topic Modern (read: overcomplicated) Vehicle Wiring

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by legend-ary, Monday 11th Jul, 2016.

1. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I do find it terrifying yet beautiful at the same time.
    Zap-Zone-2017-Bentley-Bentayga-inline1. Zap-Zone-2017-Bentley-Bentayga-inline2.
    From the article:
    “The harness is delivered on a pallet that’s basically the size of the car,” says Peter Guest, Bentayga product-line director. “It’s so big and stiff, it’s not like an old-fashioned harness with flexible wires.” And there’s not just one standard Bentayga wiring harness. Each individual SUV gets a harness specifically built for it depending on its options load. In Bentley’s language, that means the harnesses are “bespoke.” But you’re probably not going to hear a salesman incorporate that into the pitch.
    It Takes a Lot of Wiring to Keep a Modern Vehicle Moving – Feature – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog
    - - - Updated - - -
    In related news, Jaguar seems to be having some 'issues' with the F Pace SUV :Grin:

I bought a new jaguar f-pace first edition which I rejected within 30 days because of faults.
    Definition of "full refund" after rejecting a new car | Ask Honest John | Honest John

exec and SpeedyGee like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Looks almost as complex as the human central nervous system.

exec, jazzway and legend-ary like this.
  3. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    It really is reaching the point where it's not possible to do anything on car electrics without the manufacturer's diagnostic system

exec likes this.
  4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    It's come to a stage where all of these cars are basically disposable items after 5 years. I bet you most of these complicated cars from last 5 years, in 15 years time there will be very few of them on the road.

jimjams likes this.