Feedback/Help modification of Honda CR-V 1997/8 B20 B3 enigne to 2000 B20Z1

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by CRVjack97, Saturday 2nd Apr, 2016.

1. CRVjack97 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Norway Jack Aril ØRJE
    Hi Thank You for reminding me coming back. I am struggeling with the above topic -andi ama bit ubnsure about how to fix it. I sawppwed the engine -howeveri had to use the old intake manfold and the old distributor . The old ECU due to differencies in between some of the connectors and also lacvk of in exa a Crankshaft speed/posistion sensor,
    however it started just ,but the dsiappointmetn cam ejsu aftea few sexcnd when it "landed" on 1500 RPM and pushed up and dow -very steady around that RPM.
    Ok I left it for 5 min and believed it has stopped . went over to the car and found out that now it suddeenly rans smootth ly on 600 ropm stady asa rock !!1???
    i did not understand an y thing so I took it fora spin and it all went very nicely -I drove over 50km and nothing happended on any kind .just fine . so i drove back home and stopped th engine and left it for a while with the engine turned off .Started it again after a coupleof hours and the same thing happened again. And this happens all the time when cooled down.
    Any idea ?
    I hvae notice that my ECU is different hen than this engine requires and i have also noted that In the ECU connectors i had A-connector + blank connector B and I had conntor C and also Connector D
    However in the year of 2000 year ECU had A + B and C and a blank D Is is possible to fix this
    all the best
    Jack from Norway

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    So are you saying the revs are going up and down on idling when you first start up the car after a while of being stopped ?

This would probably indicate you have an airlock somewhere in the cooling system, you need to bleed the cooling system.

As for connectors, sorry I can't advise you on that, I don't know the B series engines.