Finished Modified Live - Oulton Park (20th July 2013)

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by MickyB, Wednesday 17th Jul, 2013.

1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi guys.
    I promised you a write up about the UK Time Attack Challenge series.
    Well after numerous attempts to get the post up I gave up but will add some of the photographs to this post later.
    This weekend sees the Modified Live at Oulton Park check the link for details.
    This looks a good day out and the programme includes The Civic Cup. UK Time Attack round 4, an F1 demo drift demo and track time.
    I am going for the day but will not be in my car as my daughter is driving so I'm Renault bound.:Tongue:
    If anyone is free or lost for something to do then try and get along.
    Here's the link to Oulton park
    http://www.oultonpark.co.uk/calendar/2013/july/modified-live.aspx

And just to wet your appetite here's the link to the time attack site.

Take a look browse the videos and CJ you might just see the S2000
    http://www.timeattack.co.uk/

Oh we'll I'll let you in on a little secret. At croft the driver one Charlie Butler Henderson!!!!(famous sister on 5th gear), lost control coming out of the sunny complex and hit the tyres almost writing off the front left side, we thought it would be the end of the day for it but no 20 minutes and lots of gaffer tape cable ties and screws it was back out on the track(ill post the pictures later).
    He did finish the day and the car was rebuilt for the next round at Snetterton some three weeks later unfortunately this happened!!!
    http://youtu.be/CkUwhT1T2ew

I'm hoping its back for Saturday.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Someone one didn't build the race spec engine that well did they?

3. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll tell you tomorrow if they are there.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I wish you had started a thread about this meet I would have come, but now have plans with my Honda chums.:Hey:

5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It was well built as CBH(Charlie Butler Henderson) took the class win in a flying S2000
    View attachment 11452
    Just a couple more from here

View attachment 11454 View attachment 11455 View attachment 11456

Miltek Golf GTI Airtec Cosworth Damn fine Daf
    (Richard Marshall) (Ronnie Amis)

Oh and just a quick update

Silverstone Sunday 8th September

HEL Honda S2000 update
    During the final session the fuel bar malfunctioned spraying the engine bay with fuel and YES once again it caught fire>>>>>>>CBH is leaving Time ATTACK AT THE END OF THE SEASON AND MOVING TO BTCC

Last edited: Friday 27th Sep, 2013
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mick no point posting pictures of territorial army on here .. They will just get insulted ..the images you have inserted not there mate . Post them under advance mode

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Quick update... Last meeting of the season takes place this Sunday at Brands Hatch. So anyone from that area with nothing to do go along and watch it should be a good meeting with titles up for grabs....
    Oh and the possibility of maybe a Time Attack driver becoming a member of AOC:Wink: as my daughter has travelled down today(Saturday) for the meeting and is armed with some stickers and fliers as she talks regularly to the Civic drivers and is going to see if we she can get them to become members and to put the sticker in their cars so we may get a sticker doing a lap at Brands Hatch ??? :Smile:

Last edited: Saturday 28th Sep, 2013