Accord/7th Gen mods to Accord Tourer 2007

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by doxuni, Tuesday 10th Jan, 2012.

1. doxuni Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

I want to share my self installed mods on my accord tourer 2007:
    - front and read parking sensors from Parking Sensors | Parking Sensor | Reversing Camera custom painted
    - DVB-T (digital TV) on factory NAV screen and with audio via iPOD interface from HONDA ACCORD 2003-2007 NAVIGATION VIDEO INTERFACE and Hirschmann Car TV 3e generatie (M-USE) - Navishop.nl
    - rear camera on factory NAV screen from honda accessoires
    - xenon fog lights on existing fog lights from HID Xenon Lights HID Conversion Kit Headlight Bulbs & Ballasts Hella
    - rear and front LED turn-lights
    - rear LED brake-lights
    - selfmade PIC controller for controlling the turn-lights, as in most recent cars (intelligent control)
    - ECU mod to 167HP

If somebody is interessed in some details, I'm willing to share it.

Greetings,

Jeroen

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Jeroen and welcome to AOC you have a good line up of mods please do share your DIY or how to's with the rest now doubt they will be valuable to others.

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome Jeroen to AOC. An impressive list of mods to your car especially the digital tv. I've seen past installs and they looked tricky to say the least! Have you got anything else planned? Any photographs of your car or the installation?

4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Jeroen, welcome to AOC.

5. doxuni Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,
    As soon as I get the time, I'll post some images and some movies of the car-tv. Everything is very well build-in, so you don't see any cables. A short description of what is where:
    - everything is well mounted with connectors, so easily removable afterwards
    - dvb-t module is in boot, where the emergency kit is normally
    - 1 antenna is mounted on the tainted window in the boot
    - 1 antenna is mounted under the dashboard, next to the GPS antenna
    - audio/video switcher is under the driving seat
    - audio/video switcher control panel is in the arm rest box in the front
    - video-to-nav is under the gear handle departement (this is nice part, it requires no cutting of any cables between the dvd-unit and nav-screen. Custom adapted for the white-point setting of the NAV-screen
    - audio is connected to the honda ipod interface, custom adapted

The video switcher has 3 audio/video input and 3 audio/video outputs. Each input can be rerouted to any output via the control panel. In my setup you can:
    - watch tv and listen tv-audio via premium audio system
    - watch tv and listen standard radio/cd/cdc(ipod) premium audio system
    - the 2 other video ouputs are reserved for future use (LCD screens in both head rests)
    - connect a audio/video source in the control panel and display this on the NAV-screen (e.g. playstation, camera,...)
    - if you watch tv, the reverse camera has higher priority (customer made relay box)

That's the short story.

Greetings,

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Very interested in this tv mod.how much was it to install and did you do it yourself if you don't mind me asking? Thanks

7. doxuni Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi zoran,
    I installed all my self. Your question about the "how much":
    - cost wise: the main costs were the DVB-T tuner (€300), video switcher(€150) and video-to-nav($350 from USA). For the audio I used the iPOD interface from honda itself.
    - time wise: goh, difficult to say. I did it almost step-by-step in the weekends. It was hard to install everything nicely hidden. The 'where to mount what' was the most difficult one for me. Electrically was also challenging, but I have all electrical diagrams.

I will during the weekend I will make some pictures and a movie of it.

Greetings,

8. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks for replying.looking forward to see video and pics.

9. doxuni Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi again,

I made some pictures of it. Movies are for the weekend. Enjoy.

some documentation 4. audio_video splitter controller in arm rest 1. audio_video splitter controller in arm rest 2. digital antenna1 on window in boot 1. digital antenna1 on window in boot 2. dvb-t channel on NAV. dvb-t OSD on NAV 1. dvb-t OSD on NAV 2. dvb-t remote control. dvb-t remote receiver on front window next rain sensor. dvb-t tuner in boot 1. dvb-t tuner in boot 2. some documentation 1. some documentation 2. some documentation 3.

AccordCU2 and Ichiban like this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Amazing ! love your neat work for me that is paramount than the mod itself. If I was going to keep my 7th Generation for a longer period i would have done this .. but the 8th Generation is calling me. :cool:

I am ready for the upgrade, never know the first mod for the 8th Generation will be this !!

11. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That is cool.will have to do this but I don't think I could do it myself.might have to pay somebody to install this for me.can't wait for video.thanks for sharing.

12. doxuni Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi still didn't had the time to make a video, but here are some pictures of the front and rear parking sensors I installed aswell.

Greetings,

ps: picture "inside" was during installation, not the final one.

back. back_detail. front. front_side. inside.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I love the front number plate , sadly that will be illegal here in the UK may get some JDM type plates made for shows.

Again a very clean install there the more I see your work the more I realise your have a high level of detail and perfection. No mickey mouse DIY attempts.

Well done.

14. doxuni Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

finally a small movie

[video=youtube_share;4Rs2bIAo_kw]http://youtu.be/4Rs2bIAo_kw[/video]

Ichiban and AccordCU2 like this.
  15. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hats off to you mate.Quality video,really nice.Thanks again for sharing.
    Now just need work to pick up and i will definitely look to do this.
    So many mods to do and so little money:Angry:

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Now that is quality the best system I have seen so far..

17. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yup agree with CJ. Would love something like that. In the UK it would be illegal however unless it only worked with the handbrake on. There is an offence of a driver being able to see a TV whilst driving. Range Rover were clever and used the same screen to view two pictures. The driver only saw sat nav but the passenger could see TV. Very clever.

Still would love that in my car though! Well done mate.

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Doxuni, does the TV tuner have a digital receiver as we have just moved fro analogue to digital here in the UK ? I wasn't aware of the law surrounding watching television and with a provision that it was only activated with a handbrake?

That could be a reason why there isn't a mass scale adoption of this ? the Landy screen is very clever thou and nice little work ground this law.

19. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I saw one of those TVs on BBC's Click program the other day. They've developed one for the home so two people can watch different programmes on the same TV. You have to use headphones though.

20. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Now that would be good! Coronation Street on one side for her. Top Gear on the other for me! Pure marital bliss :Smile: