Off-Topic Monty Python

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Duc de Pommfrit, Thursday 3rd Jul, 2014.

1. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Lots of talk about Monty Python with the live shows being on, as someone who has been watching them from a early age got to say the best sketches are: -

1, SPAM - "...or lobster thermidor a crevette with a mornay sauce served in a provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam"

2, Dennis Moore - "hand over your lumpins"

3, Lumberjack song!

ACC-CDI-2T, Ichiban and Phil1978 like this.
  2. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    I see they've also released an album of their songs, how long before the films get remastered and re released

3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

The big cash-in starts

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Always loved the films, was never that keen on the TV shows TBH.

Michael Palin & John Cleese in the "Biggus Dickus" part of Holy Grail always makes me laugh the most. Ridiculous, but genius.

The Black Knight is another personal favourite.

Ichiban likes this.
  5. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Ahem...Life Of Brian lol

The Knights Who Say Ni and killer rabbit were also classics from the Holy Grail

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Ha ha, yes indeed. A bit like Bond films I tend to get all them mixed up...:Laughing:

7. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    One of my favourites is the Holy Hand grenade scene, I also catch myself sing Sir Robins minstrels song.

8. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The Life of Brian movie is in my opinion the best thing they ever did. I still LMAO whenever i watch it.
    Going back to the current live shows.........very sad to see a bunch of old geezers trying to recreate the past. It just smacks of money making for the sake of it. John Cleese...move on from your failed marriages please.

PeteMM likes this.
  9. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Life of Brian is by far the best of them IMO.

However, there are some seriously hilarious moments in "The Meaning of LIfe"

10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I bought my African Grey the Life of Brian video and now she sings and whistles always look on the bright side of life. More in tune than me!

11. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

I didn't enjoy the live show, it was the Eric Idle show, you could see John Cleese counting the money in his head and wishing he was somewhere else.

12. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    I also love Terry Gilliam´s "Brazil" and "The Fisher King" - two really fantastic films ...