Pre-Facelift Model More Problems...and a question :(

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Nav, Wednesday 20th Jun, 2012.

1. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Driving along the M5 everything looks good... nice sunny day... road works as usual...and suddenly lost all power.. car in gear, still running.. but not going anywhere.. thought the accelerator cable broke...pulled into the HS and 5 min later all good.. after a few times of stopping and starting just looked at my engine temp.. off the roof.. found out radiator leaked.. leaked out most of it.. less than two hour trip turned into a 4 hour trip just to get the car to my mates.. cooled it down and filled with coolent and all fine...

Went to HH, and they say replace the radiator no explanation.. just replace radiator, asked why the guy said we don't fix it, we only replace.... No way i am dashing out anymore money on this car.. need to have a look over the weekend what exactly is leaking..

So if anyone losses power while driving keep an eye on the temp gauge...could be overheating or countless other problems...I am going to stick to my pre 2000 Civics..less electronics the better...can't wait to sell this piece of garbage or scrap it...no more private second hand cars..either new or trade only... probably will just stick to new or a bike.. hmm something to think about...

And the Question
    One more thing.. any one know how to change time on the clock on an accord.. the user manual says it works with GPS and refer to GPS manual.. referred to the GPS manual and it shows how to change the time on the screen.. "Menu..settings... 3rd option and clock".. but that doesn't reflect on the top small screen.. any idea how to fix this..

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

You can't really repair a rad I don't think without getting the core elements replaced

Its not the hardest job in the world to swap one on the driveway if money is really tight...second hand Honda ones are £120-£150 on ebay...personally I would go second hand Honda every time with a part like this instead of new aftermarket

Get a petrol next time eh?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nav in all fairness you bought a glorified lemon bud (Sorry to be blunt) If you knew what you know now about the diesel Honda you would have be wary of buying that car.

The previous owner has known all of these issues he\she have masked the issues and sold it. Not the cars fault thou.

Radiators are plastic and aluminium cores which are hard to repair but not impossible, the cost or repairs versus new or used part is not a lot.

4. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

glorified lemon indeed.. Plastic radiators ..u gatta be kidding me... well then repair is out of the window... out with a new one.. well i think i am going to stick with a new aftermarket one or the cheapest i can find.. be it second hand or new.. and then sell this damn thing off...
    I am sticking to my trusty old Civic..the best car i have owned...i was planning to get that slowly rebuilt while i drive this thing around.. but.. i think i will get this sorted and sell this and get on my bike.. atleast i can burn some calories..

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You will be surprised plastic and aluminium radiators do last longer than conventional radiators. Like anything if they are damaged they will break.

6. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Never agiain with a diesel honda.. I think i will go with Germans for a diesel... had big plans...sell the accord off when my Civic is ready and use that moneis and a bit more to get a S2000 GT.. know i have to curb that plan...and my Civic...man oo man... life throwing curl balls..

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Oh dear it can't be that bad German diesel , I rather walk to London with a nail in boot and drinking sulphuric acid.

8. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Saying that..the Civic i own had a front own accident about two years go.. bumper bonet headlight all needed replaing.. but i still was able to drive that thing home without any problem...if it was this accord instead i would have been stuck there with a broken radiator...plastic + heat + sudden impact.. well u k now the rest...

9. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

hahahaha... they are that bad too.. i was thinking an audi somthing...
    ok then tell me a decent diesel car.. that gives me a decent MPG atleast 45-50

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A milk float ? Aka Hybrids

11. alloy36 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

CJ,

One day, i'll buy a german diesel just to see how bad they are!!!

12. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

and to top this off.. brand new phone.. only had it 3weeks.. HTC ONE X.. droped it on tarmac screen shattered... there is a video of this guy using a HTC One X as an actual HAMMER, nail to a wood board (its a brilliant video to watch here--- HTC One X Used as a hammer--Hammer Time - YouTube).. nothing wrong with the screen.. I dropped from waist high sceen in pieces.. talk about luck eyy.. and only 130 to get it changed.. *&f@£%k@.. Y me.. Y me..

Last edited: Wednesday 20th Jun, 2012
  13. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hybrids..thas dashing too much money out..so in your opinion there isnt a good diesel out there..??

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They say things happen in threes :What:

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It depends if you are torque junkie then an oil burner .if you want 100 % cast iron guarantee it's has to be petrol. How many miles do you do in a year?

16. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lets cc...
    Navigation...
    clutch...
    DMF..
    Radiator...
    and my phone.....Hmm thas five... i hope this ends here.. if not seriously i will have to consider some alternatives...

17. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

miles... around 25k ish... not worried about the power at all.. i got me little project i am working on... i am putting plenty of power into that one.. :Smile: ..for now just somthing to dash about and will take me on motor ways on a 300-400 mile round trip at a time..

18. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

And one last thing CJ.. its regarding that clock question.. any ideas..

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Try limiting your mileage bud petrol is the way forward .. Wait till I get angry pms in my inbox.