Engine & Gearbox More torque needed 2.0 16v 'sport'

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by tom87, Sunday 25th Oct, 2015.

1. tom87 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tom Calne
    Hi. Seen plenty of info about remapping the diesel variant of the FR-V but nothing on how to improve the general drivability of the petrol? I own a 2.0 16v sport (sport debatable!) which is pretty useless under 5000 revs. I know its a family car and thats when the VTEC kicks in but its a right pain in the arse! Maybe I'm just used to driving a turbo diesel? Any input would be brilliant.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I find my 2.0 FR-V is plenty cable of moving, more so than most other MPVs I've driven and that's without revving it.

I think coming from a diesel you're just missing the pull from a turbo diesel.

It's not worth try to improve on the 2.0 petrol performance, there's no quick fix.

3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Leave it in lower gears for longer.

Ichiban likes this.
  4. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

exactly! We've all seen ppl who go from 1st to 5th rapidly.

5. tom87 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tom Calne
    Cheers guys. I must admit it does seem to thrive on higher revs. Was kind of hoping there might be some similarities between the engine I have and the one in the Civic Type-R? Or are they completely different?

6. kes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Maybe try to find the engine code and then see what other cars it's in and see what they are upto. Even with the diesel a lot of the info is on Civic and Accords. A remap will definitely help. Hopefully there are other mods too.