Service & Maintenance MOT Emission Help

Discussion in '5th Generation (1994-1997) [Rover 600, Isuzu Aska]' started by accord1996, Tuesday 3rd Jul, 2012.

1. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    hey guys, sorry i haven't been around for a while, been sort of busy.

i've got something that i would like to share. sadly enough my honda Civic failed its MOT emmision. could anyone help me with understanding this chart and share their opinions/views on it. i would much appreciate your time. the MOT station is saying it could be the lamba/02 primary sensor or possibly the catalytic converter.

2h7f04x.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bud if you can get your lambda sensor off the car and hook it up to the machine.

Then get a petrol soaked rag and see if the sensors values change if they do then you know its working. Can you get a second emission test on a another machine something tell me something aint right.

3. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    i'll try that can i do it with a multi meter..i figure so my self as my car never really MOT i look after it myself but this time the machine got me puzzle .i got no machine only a dm ....
    thanks for the input ichiban..
    i keep you updated

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    NP bud I would assume the valve clearance, ERG operation and the car is stock ? Another way to cheat the probe for a pass

LOL should not be saying this .

Use octane booster with high octane fuel like silkolene pro boost premixed.

Get the engine super heated the getting the cat to maximum temperature, then put it through the emission test.

5. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    I've got a induction kit on it...dc sport exhaust manifold stainles steel mid pipe ek4 vti muffler ...thats all ..whew its brain busting

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    aahh.. where is the lambda sensor bung positioned is it more or less same as stock ?

7. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    i also read people using acetone ?? damn :SOS:

Last edited: Thursday 5th Jul, 2012
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Not good for piston rings , if you love your car.Acetone washes the oil off the bore and leaves them dry. Let leave Acetone as the trusted nail polish remover.

9. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    not a good day today same ol story it failed ...again! from what i was told i theres too much air ..the lambs reading is very low and its dumping gas at neutral idle. does that make sense ...? ..so im on a mission looking for leaks ... not leeks lol

10. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    the bung is in the down pipe b4 the cat

11. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london

hi ich take a look here this could be whats happening to my car

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Was this bung pre drilled and welded by the manufacturer or have you done it?

13. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    well on the dc sport headder it dond by manufacture ..all i did was made up a extended wire harness to carry the ho2 sensor to the down pipe where as the sensor would usually be in the manifold

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Has the car passed previous MOTs with the same setup ?

15. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    im not sure, I've swapped too many engines and they all passed emission... to make this ECU word in a JDM car i had to bypass the immobilizer ,would this affect the ECU ? ...as I've got no cell codes ...also ived checked for leakes using carb cleaner . blocked the exhaust for any leaks , blocked the intake manifold at the throttle and no air leaks .

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any updates what happened in the end fella?