General Mot fail!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ichiban, Friday 24th Feb, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am gutted and ashamed to have my car failed on its MOT today!

The NSF dimmed headlight beam was faulty !!! Last night it was fine this morning when I pulled into the services and saw the reflection of the headlights on a Costa Coffee windows. Its some where between the Costa coffee and HH the bulb popped:Messed:

So I got a fail certificate first and then pass after the bulb was changed..:Frown::Frown: No advisories or any other faults

Not happy bunny! It was not so long ago I was pointing out the number of people with defective headlights and I too had joined the list briefly.

Anyway this wound me up and not mention the stick I got for every single HH employee!!!

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The shame of it :Aghast:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It humiliating.. I hang my head in shame. Another surprise the new MOT certificated is a A4 printed black and white sheet . They have done away with the green certificate and no more peel off sticker for reminders, if you want reminder they will charge £1.50 for the reminder via text message.

Progress I suppose by VOSA?

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You had me there for a moment.Only a bulb:Whistle:
    I can see them lot making a joke on your account:Grin:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have second degree burns on my ears , I was being told due to the tsunami in Japan they didn't have bulbs in stock they were in back order.

All the gags under the sun were done we attempted at my expense..

6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    So has that ruined a perfect run of straight passes?

That's really unfortunate though having the bulb go on the way to HH.

Sounds as bad as my MOT last year. Drove to the mechanics and on the way used the washers to clean the windows. Unknown to me the bottle was low on water. During it's MOT the washer bottle emptied and the car failed on 2 points:

Near side Windscreen washer provides insufficient washer liquid [8.2.3]
    Offside side Windscreen washer provides insufficient washer liquid [8.2.3]

A jug of water later and it passed the MOT with no advisories. Very shameful and completely avoidable.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Doc after that ^^ I don't feel that bad :cool: Yes this has wrecked the clean whistle record on my tourer.

My wife 2004 Tourer has a better track record with zero failures or advisories, Helen has already start to wind me up no end. She has plastered this all over facebook twitter and every man and his dog!!

I won't hear the end of this..

8. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Well I'm glad my misfortune cheered you up. :Smile:

They say pride comes before a fall. When you take this much pride in your cars the stick you get when it fails is huge.

I got one of the new A4 black an white certificates as well which my mechanic actually apologised for because they look so naff. His computer now automatically texts me when he inputs into the system my cars passed it's MOT.

9. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yup the new A4 B+W MOT's are horrendous when my mate handed me mine I was like WTF is this lol

10. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Same here. They look sooo easy to forge (if you were unscrupulous).

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

CJ are you sure you weren't joining the one bulb taxi brigade ?? I'm staying quiet mines due next week !!!!!!!!
    I haven't had any jokes yet about it mmmmmmmmmm wonder why lol

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Make sure you test all your lights before the test...:Wink: This failure is still raw for me Helen changed the wallpaper on my phone and computer to FAILED MOT in red...she hide the car keys this morning put 10 post it notes on my car ...still taking this in my stride ....

Primarycare likes this.
  13. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That must be grounds for divorce surely.

14. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

By the way I'm saying nowt about your MOT CJ, mines due Friday. I thought it was April but wife found MOT certificate today.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will ride this storm .. For now