Accord MOT Passed :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dave, Saturday 22nd Aug, 2015.

1. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Flew through test again and no advisories either!

188,501 miles and 9yrs old now!

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Nice one Dave! :Yahoo:

Dave likes this.
  3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers @Nels was panicking this morning when I got up and both headlights had misted up this is first year they've done that but I put some towels over and left them on for a bit and it cleared.

Nels likes this.
  4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Good thinking to use the towels. :professor:
    Pleased for you that she's through for another year. Maybe she'll reach 200k before the next one?

5. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hopefully but she needs a road trip as I'm only doing 10k a year now.

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

NP. I know you'll get there. I just need to have a little more patience. :zen:

7. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lol yup I can't wait for it to hit 200k either mate!

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

My MINI Cooper passed her MOT on Friday again - now 11 years old, but only 12k miles, slightly different to your Accord @Dave!

It had to happen though - her first real 'advisory' (although I had 'screw in tyre' one year, but they fixed that on the spot). All four tyres need replacing as they are starting to perish - they are the originals though. I should have replaced them before now, really...:Blushing:

Ho hum...now, to runflat (as per original spec) or not to runflat...hmmm.

Nels likes this.
  9. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Wow that's some low mileage! We've got a mini clubman cooper d that's got 110k on it.

FirstHonda likes this.
  10. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well done on the MOT pass, hopefully mine will be ok come week after next.

11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^She's my weekend fun car, owned from new...and hardly used as you can probably tell by the mileage!

I've decided to go for Yokohama AdvanSport V103S run flat tyres (same as I had on my 8th Generation Accord, albeit not run flat on that). What with those and the Yuasa battery I had fitted a few years ago, I'm gradually trying to turn her Japanese... :Laughing:

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:lol::lol::lol:
    A good decision:Wink:

13. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lol wish both our cars had mileage like that! Our Mini has half French lol it's got the PSA engine in it. On a plus point I have to say I've been impressed with BMW warranty I found some small rust scabs on the rear doors and a tiny one on each of rear quarters which I originally think where stone chips turns out they have a stupidly long anti corrosion warranty on them they replaced the doors and painted both sides of the car for free and also removed all the car park dings before they painted it. I was truly shocked as with that mileage and age I thought they would have fobbed us right of, dealer reckoned there was over 3k of work car is now mint and worth more than we paid for it! Arches are going on my Accord and I've no chance of Honda doing anything about it certainly makes me thing about the dark side a little more lol.

Harvey likes this.
  14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The service I've had from Mini over the years has been great. The only issue the car ever had was when the speedo stopped working. It was something to do with an electronic module - not cheap - and even though the car was out of warranty they just fixed it for free. I didn't even have to ask, they just did it.

Sometimes I think I should have had another one, but the Countryman doesn't do it for me and the standard Cooper S is just too small for me to use everyday. The new Clubman though will be a contender when I come to change my CR-V.

I've always been impressed with the quality of the product and the after sales.

Harvey likes this.
  15. pastore Banned ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom pastore London
    congrats on passing, did they comment on the mileage?

Harvey likes this.
  16. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They said its very tidy for the mileage, which in all honesty it is and it doesn't drive like it's done that mileage!

17. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I love the Clubman we have amazing on fuel too 65mpg over a 400 mile trip the other month it's a chilli pack one so a decent spec.

18. pastore Banned ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

you might aslwell keep the car till it dies, i wonder how much mileage it will take. I've done nearly 47k on mine, im hoping it will last for a few years.

19. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That's pretty much the idea had it 5yrs now had clutch and flywheel done start of the year so no plans to get rid of it yet!

20. pastore Banned ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

apart from the rich i don't understand why everyone else doesnt buy hondas, it boggles the mind, and im a noob and even i knew to buy a honda, your saving money buy not having fork out on repair costs and new cars

Harvey likes this.