General Mot reminder

Discussion in '9th Generation (2012-2017)' started by john m, Wednesday 22nd Jul, 2015.

1. john m Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

just bought a 2014 1.6 DTEC does the DVLA send a reminder when the MOT is due?

2. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No, it's the drivers responsibility

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Download the Honda Breakdown Assistance App.
    You can store the MOT date within it.

Whilst it is very unlikely your CR-V will break down, it's useful if someone hits you.

Breakdown assistance app

Ichiban likes this.
  4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Newcastle Honda puts a handy reminder on the top of each invoice. Just had new tyres fitted on my Accord and the invoice states "Next Service Due..." and "Next MOT Due...." at the top.

I'm assuming this is standard Honda UK invoicing rather than just a dealer's own invoicing method.

Obviously it will only really work if you have work done at a dealer before the next MOT is due.

Some dealers may send out a reminder letter in advance though.

Nels likes this.
  5. john m Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Best put it in my diary March 2017.

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

We need pictures of your car @john m !

:garage:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  7. john m Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I don't get it until next Tuesday, this better be good it cost me more than my first house:shock:

FirstHonda likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Loads of websites offering free MOT reminders but they collate a lot of your personal information so their privacy is questionable to say the least. So the old fashion note in your diary, calender or a post it note on the owner’s manual. I do all my MOT reminders as soon as they are done into my outlook calendar at work and set reminders 2 weeks before the test give you plenty of time to pick a suitable date for you and workshop..