Dealers/Garages MOTest Swindon

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by bijomaru, Monday 2nd Mar, 2015.

1. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    This place is very busy when it comes to MOTs in Swindon.

I went there in September for an MOT. Failed on bulbs etc but nothing major so had it done. In October my ball join snapped. Thought it should have been picked up during the MOT but had no proof it was bad in September so left it.

Today my cousin took it there for his MOT. His upper ball joint is knocking and he is getting it fixed, but wanted to know if it would fail on anything else. Guess what, they failed on licence plate lights, but didn't notice the ball joint.

It's not good and a major safety concern. Obviously he's going to fix it before the retest, but then it can't be proven that they failed to pick it up. If he goes back with it and points it out, it's gonna fail its retest.

Can it be reported somewhere? But then again, hard to prove it unless leaves his car off the road and he can't afford that.

Anyway, for Swindon locals: avoid for your own safety.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's just extremely poor on behalf of the MOT station. Ball joints failure could result in a fatal accident.
    You can contact DVSA (formerly it use to be VOSA) about the issue see here for more info MOT: Get and check an MOT - GOV.UK

3. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Luckily my ball joint has snapped while driving into the garage at 1mph. I don't even want to imagine what could have been the result if it has happened the following day when I was travelling on the motorway.

I'll have a look at the website and see what can be done in terms of reporting it but so that it doesn't mean keeping the car off the road for the duration.