Bikes Motorcycle leathers

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & ATV' started by Ichiban, Saturday 15th Nov, 2014.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Chaps,

It’s time for me to look for a two piece leather suits, the older leathers have held up really well but they are looking tiered and have started to deteriorate. Now choosing a suit it’s a no brainer I want Alpinestars as the rest of gear is the same.Now I need information from other members when it comes to sizes what is recommend best practice? Am I to follow the below chart or for once size up and allow for expansion?

As per that measurements I am a EU size 54. Any help will be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    billy no mates come on!

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I didn't have to size up with my Joe Rocket leathers even though I was riding all year round including horrendous November journeys from London to Glasgow (wonderful for squaring off my tyres) as they allowed a very small amount of stretch so if sticking an extra layer on they'd still be pretty snug but not too tight. I'm not sure how well the Alpinestars gear stretch though. Can't you go to a local bike store and try them on with both summer and winter layers on underneath?

4. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Sorry @Ichiban missed this one :-/

I always had to try them on as I found one make different to the other, plus it also depends on whether you're going for cow or Kangaroo hide as Kangaroo is softer, lighter and tends to stretch easier.

Then there's the made to measure route, I believe an AS dealer should be able to offer this or there are people like BKS which are more expensive but quality gear.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks guys it will be cow as kangaroo leather is way too expensive, they issue I have going into a AS dealer is they pressurise you buying their kit. The same kit is cheaper on a Spanish site motocard.com by over 150 quid! ALPINESTARS ORBITER N / BL / R / B SUIT - Motocard United Kingdom plus they are throwing in a oakley shades for a quid.

6. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Bike show is coming up soon @Ichiban, for what you can save over the internet it may be worth going and trying a few suits on as they will all be there :Niceone: may get a show price if you show enough interest, plus if your not bothered about next seasons colours you'll get some good bargains on end of line suits too.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes mate I was interested in end of last years line as nobody wants to wear the old stuff..lol vanity bikers. Yes NEC show is a good way of getting to test the two piece kit and still walk away without the hard sell. Nice one mate.

Bones126 likes this.
  8. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    lol, true about vanity bikers. Those leathers in my AV I bought out of a cow shed at the Peterborough show. End off season so got them for £400, they were top spec Spyke at the time :Smile: I ended up spraying the bike to match the leather lol.

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well after months of waiting playing the patient game for further drop in prices, well I pulled the trigger and got this bought as the price is at rock bottom with other freebies thrown in it was the right time.Pretty pleased that the size was still in stock.

M-05807215T. M-05807215T1. M-05807215T2.

Last edited: Thursday 26th Feb, 2015
  10. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Very nice @Ichiban, Nice set of leathers that. Dare I ask ££??

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It was a 405 bud with a free set of oakleys thrown in worth 90 quid.

Bones126 likes this.
  12. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Nice one @Ichiban, excellent price! Good glasses too :Smile: