Off-Topic Motorway speed restrictions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Malibu, Wednesday 9th May, 2012.

1. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Why do lorry drivers think they can tailgate you if you don't play by their rules?

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm saying nowt, this will just turn into a fight.

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL @ RobB I agree but I just wish car drivers wouldn't drive in the middle lane at 40mph when its a 50mph limit I had the pleasure of one on monday morning at 5:30am he was quite happy to sit at 44mph in the middle lane and wouldn't move over.

4. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I just undertake middle lane hoggers, which usually results in a headlamp flash. I'd love to meet them at the services and glass them.

5. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

It's when they gate you at 50 when that's the limit in an average speed camera zone and you can't go anywhere that the fun starts.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Same here bud I am planted on the fence on this one.

7. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Well I was coming back on the M62 through roadworks at 50 & yes in the MIDDLE lane when matey boy thought it would be fun to try to make me move, not that I could go anywhere, however he then overtook me in frustration so I then could have tailgated him, but not to be outdone, I then overtook him & blocked him in this time- so he could put that in his pipe & smoke it- lol- he didn't like me grinning and waving at him one bit- don't mess with a Honda- ha ha ha

8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    I have found more vans and cars do this than the truckers, with the guys and girls in the big rigs - (and not saying it is ok or not but) is it more a case of the bod doing 44 mph causes them to slow down and then it takes 3 gallons of diesel and about half hour going up and down the box to get speed back up?

I don't know.. It is a little annoying though, bugs me more when I have the Mrs and the kids in the car. That tends to get me a tad annoyed. In the wifes passat if i am unlucky enough now to drive it I tend to drop a cog as it tends to belch nasty black stuff out the rear. Most tend to back off... Odd but the Accord never seems to chuck much out of the rear even under load.

9. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep, it never happens when singhy is in the car, strange that!!, notice your from Northampton , spent many a weekend in kingsthorpe !!!

10. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yep know it well.. Wife went to Uni there and spent a few weekend visiting at their digs.. Few years ago now... Live just down the road in Brixworth.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I was down in Northampton not so long go for a night out and it was amazing, one of the best nights I have ever had.

Started at 3pm finished at 6am..:Hooray:

I do like Kingsthorpe

12. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good night out! sounds like a blinder! :Smile:

Yes Northampton sound boring boil on the bottom of the world sort of place but in fact it's ok.. Countryside is nice and some good places to visit, I come from Somerset originally grew up mostly in Northants though. Dad worked for the spencers and was the old Earls driver, he had some nice cars and coaches the sort that ran off real Horse power.

13. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep, my sister went to uni there as well- way back when though! still have family there & good to go somewhere different for a change... the billy used to be an old haunt! as did the Keep, but thats long gone now!!

14. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yep Keep is gone went down hill that one, but the Billy. Take it you mean the King Billy bottom of Bridge Street. I used to love that place, was a real biker pub at one time spent many a Sat night in there :Smile:

15. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes that's the one, spent great times in there, back in 1984!!!! I think the landlady was Jan??, must pay it a visit next time I am down there

16. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yep its still there but changed a lot and a tad more up market now. Not quite the same as it was back then but still an OK pub, Me I preferred the Old Billy :Smile:

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Helen I am may be down to your nick of the wood soon & we must meet up. We are having a weekend recce.

18. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

PINK.

I have found the perfect solution to my traffic nightmares on the M62 - Note to self- must get myself one of these!!! LOL

19. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    I've always heard you should gradually slow down if someone is tail gating you. Not sure that is true. I've not had it happen to me lately, so I wouldn't know. I just know others seem very upset by the event.

20. Felicity Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    That's a very scary situation to have a truck run up on you real close. Especially if you have young children in the car. In this situation, I always call the police to report them for unsafe driving. Growing up, my Dad would never buy a very small compact car for this reason as he said, those trucks can easy pulverize them. Hopefully, car safety is better now. Just wish truck drivers had more common sense than to endanger lives in this way.