Off-Topic Mozilla, I Love You and Everything but...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DeviateDefiant, Tuesday 11th Nov, 2014.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    So I'm catching up on 1,800 forum posts. About 40 tabs open and going through them bit by bit, Nvidia display driver crashes killing my browser. Re-open the browser waiting for my "restore tabs" prompt and...

upload_2014-11-11_5-18-56.

What is this? Oh bugger.

I have about 40 add-ons, Firefox Sync going back years of history/bookmarks and I have to configure it all again because the bozos decide to launch a new developer edition and overwrite all previous settings, automatically. Worst thing is I believe all my non-synced configuration files for various tools have been overwritten too. I normally use the Firefox Aurora dev channel.

I get that I help test new versions of the browser, I'm subscribed to their nightly alpha releases, but an automatic update swiping everything? Glad I'm not on the clock right now.

Rant over, the high contrast dark colour scheme is actually welcomed. Developers are natural creatures of the night :Laughing:
    - - - Updated - - -
    I'll stop moaning now, I signed into Sync again and most things went back to normal. Aside from some strange top bar styling.

upload_2014-11-11_5-37-12.

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Do you use thunderbird for mail? Having problems with outlook and thinking about switching.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I don't personally, I use a few self-hosted email accounts on the web together with GMail for some things.

Thunderbird is a great client compared to Outlook, though it's a little dated and stuffy.