ICE & HFT MP3 connectivity...

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by AccordMavman, Sunday 11th Jan, 2015.

1. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Cheshire
    Hey folks,
    Please forgive my prolonged absence from here - genuine excuse (family bereavement), but starting to get back to normal, as you have to...
    So, what I'd like to know is what my options are for connecting my MP3 player to my 7th Generation's stereo. I'm not confident with interior auto electrics, so as I've got the EX model with Satnav, I'm guessing it's not going to be straightforward. There is an aux button next to the screen as you'll know, but in the absence of a port, I'm not sure what it's there for. Can anyone enlighten me? As I currently have juddery brakes & my 125k service looming quite soon, cost saving ideas are particularly welcomed...
    Thanks all... :Smile::Smile:

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    There's many different manufactured offering input boxes which connect to the CD change port on the back of the head unit, they all include different options like Aux/3.5mm, Bluetooth, SD, USB etc.

Brands that come to mind are:
    • xcarlink (we have a 10% club discount available)
    • Connects2
    • GROM
    • Eonon
    You're not really going to go wrong with any of the above, so have a search and find what matches your criteria best.

The installation is pretty much identical for all, you can find a full guide here. I'd recommend investing in some trim removal tools so you don't leave witness marks on any of the fascias when removing :Smile:

3. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This great - thanks - will check it out...:Smile:

4. speeding_ant Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NZ
    I can vouch for the GROM unit, and they seem to have frequent firmware updates which are easy to install via a flash drive. I get an instant Bluetooth pairing to my phone as soon as I start up the car, and I've also got my iPhone 6 connected via lightning cable with no problems. You can also plug in an external hard drive or flash drive for MP3's. The steering wheel controls work really well, and you can accept calls (routed through included microphone and car speakers) using the next track button.

It was relatively easy to install, just don't loose any of the clips as they ping off easily.

Hope that helps.

5. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is really helpful - thank you, sounds a great piece of kit... :Smile:

6. speeding_ant Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NZ
    No worries. It's not the cheapest bit of kit, but definitely does the job. You have to purchase the bluetooth accessory separately, but that's about it. The GROM kit comes with two connectors, however in my case I only needed to attach one. It may be different with you, as you have navigation (I don't). You can test before completely re-assembling the interior, just in case.

7. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    I have Grom USB3 on my car also and it works very well.
    The USB3 kit has an universal USB port which accepts: USB stick, Android and Apple IOS devices.
    Also it keeps the phone charged. The audio quality is superb.
    And the Grom is made in USA and they have frequent firmware upgrades in case of bugs being found.
    - not the desired language for you, but you can make an idea.