General Mugen enthusiasts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by intruder, Monday 22nd Oct, 2012.

1. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    Hi all! :Wave:

I was wondering, do we have here any members with an interest to Mugen products? Maybe someone got a body kit upgrades on their Accords or maybe using any other Mugen parts & products? Anyone would like to share their own experience, future plans or thoughts on this topic?

It would be interesting to discuss one or another thing related to Mugen upgrades with a members who has enthusiasm for this. :vtec:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Zoran is looking for a Mugen rear spoiler for his car ... which he trying to keep it hush from his wife.

He need to convince her its a safety recall

3. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

:lol: that's funny! I wish all the best to Zoran! :Wink:

BTW, I'm in a hunt for the best price on the same Mugen boot spoiler for my 7th Generation. And most likely will buy from King Motorsports from USA. Despite it sounds stupid item being shipped from Japan to USA and then to me in the UK, but in total I'll save a some cash!

4. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ok, I'll post my reply about import duties on this thread.
    I've spoken to one lady from UK customs, around a month ago. Find out what import fees are. So importing car body part from overseas import duty will be 4,5% of item value. And plus UK VAT, which is 20%.
    But despite the need to pay custom fees, total price for that Mugen spoiler is the cheapest what I found so far.

5. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

BTW, does anyone knows where could I find Honda Accord saloon Mugen catalog, year 2007 (or around that year, basically for facelift model)?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

To be Mugen enthusiast you have to have deep pockets which i sadly don't have but i would like that Mugen rear wing.
    At the moment way too expensive for me but one day i hope:Sobbing:

8. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes, maybe! Maybe I'll try this option.
    I've tried to look over the internet for some scans, but found only pre-facelift Accord Tourer mugen catalog scaned & uploaded in .pdf format, which is not exactly my car.

9. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

You're absolutely right, zoran! All the genuine mugen products got a super high prices. Sadly... :Frown:
    And my pockets got limits too. Sadly again! :Smile:
    But I've made a decision to spend my money on rear spoiler anyway. I want it so badly!! :Smile: plus I'm single, thats the main reason I can afford it, wohoooo! :Smile:
    And to be honest, didnt see any mugen spoiler out on the streets yet.
    I would go and buy any replica of mugen spoiler, but there isnt any... I've found one person from Ireland, but he sells only mugen body kit replicas for pre-facelift accord.

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Go for it,they are super rare on Accord.Seen plenty on Civic but not one on Accord here in UK.

intruder likes this.
  11. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes! :OTT: I'll go for it.

Zoran, do the same! Try to make a deal with your wife :Wink:

By the way, Mugen spoiler for 8th Generation Accord looks even better than the one for my 7th Generation. I really do like the shape of that spoiler :Thumbup: But is there a difference in price? Have you tried to find out the price, Zoran?

12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had a quote of 780£ unpainted delivered .
    If I get good Christmas bonus this year then maybe.

13. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

So it's pretty similar price. My quote at Honda Bristol was £699 unpaited delivered. But I'll try to purchase from US.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I wish HH was a Mugen dealer , I would have bought the entire collection and kept their targets in good shape.:Hooray:

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I wish HH was a Mugen dealer , I would have bought the entire collection and kept their targets in good shape.:Hooray:

16. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hmmm... I just recieved another option, to buy a used mugen spoiler. The only doubts in my head are, will I face any difficulties or unsatisfaction getting & fixing a used spoiler on to my car... Of course the good thing here is - I'll save some cash in my pocket :Smile:

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The Mugen stuff is well made so it can be reused bud, no problems whatsoever.

I would say go for it.

18. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yup. And it looks in mint condition from pics and seller's description and his PM to me stating it's in very good condition with nothing broken.
    But just found out, he hasnt got any fixing screws and nothing like original paperwork etc.

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bud you want to see it before you part with your dosh. don't go off pictures, buyer beware and all.