Aftermarket Kit Mugen parts for Legend

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by Sadsack, Thursday 25th Apr, 2013.

1. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    Hi all,

Recently seen a post on this forum regarding Mugen parts for Honda's, and there was a nice link to Mugen Japan, with an archive for all Mugen parts for all Honda cars.

Really like the look of the front aero spoiler, the alloys and the side window visors for the Legend but unable to find any UK sellers for these parts, but more importantly any prices.

Any ideas or a finger in the right direction?

Thanks!

2. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    Hi mate :Wave: Friendly warning - expect the unexpected regarding prices :Whistle:

But here it is an official dealers in the UK MUGEN Euro - Higher Performance Japanese Engines and Parts click on retail and you'll find the list of dealers. Also you can check this out King Motorsports Unlimited, Inc. - Mugen Performance Products for Honda and Acura , it's official Mugen dealer over in US. In some cases it could be the total price even incl. import taxes cheaper comparing to UK dealers.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, there's this website Splash (Welcome) Page , you may find something of Mugen. But I don't know how trustable this website is.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Mugen alloys can cost about £500 each, making probably around £2k for a set... :Wassat: If you look at that official Mugen website where everything is in Japanese, you can see prices in YEN for each part. Convert to GBP and expect a bit higher price from any other dealer who will resell from Mugen Japan.

Last edited: Thursday 25th Apr, 2013
    Sadsack likes this.
  3. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Intruder for the info.

On the Mugen Euro website, it does not list any Mugen parts for the Legend under the retail section. I did get in touch with one dealer in Warrington, and unfortunately they are saying that no parts are available for the Legend :Angry: so I am assuming it will be the same with the other dealers?

The Touge Euro website also fails to list the Honda Legend in their drop down list for 'Aero' parts, but looks promising for the Alloys. However as you say reliability unknown so little wary without reviews.

The Kings website has the aero kit etc but would have no idea how to ship across etc Also concerned about importing from overseas if issues with quality.

wp04_1024.

Any views on the Mugen alloys and kit above? Anyone think it's an improvement or not worth it lol

Ta very much

4. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Mugen Euro website lists only those parts for current Honda models. Same and for me, there's nothing for my 7th Generation Accord listed in there. But Honda Bristol dealer still able to take orders for my Accord and get parts from Japan. They call it ex-stock parts, I believe. I know Hendy Performance firm also able to get ex-stock parts from Japan. This is basically 2 UK dealers I was enquiring for some part prices, so I know they can supply. But ofcourse I'm not sure how about Legend, in your case..

Try copy/paste (from Mugen Japan website) part number you fancy into google search. Look on anything you can find about it, any sellers worlwide etc. Maybe anything considerable will come up. This is what I was doing when searched for my Mugen spoiler. I think any seller selling genuine mugen part will list part number in his ad too, so you can find it by google.

About alloys.. personally I think you can chooce many other top quality products in a market, and for much more affordable price. You can find very similar looking to Mugen other brand wheels. And the kit, mmm.. Mugen body kits are just amazing :Wink: I don't think you can find similar alternative to those kits.

Sadsack likes this.
  5. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good man Intruder! Got in touch with Hendy Performance last night and got an email back saying they should be able to source some parts from Japan.

Asked them to price up the front under spoiler which I think adds a nice touch to the front of the car, and also the sports ventilated visors.

I see on your car you also have the Hi-Performance Oil filter.....does this make a noticeable difference to the cars drive, or is it just stuff that it does behind the scenes??

Many thanks

6. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

:Thumbup: great Sadsack! Front under spoiler really looks super on Legend, same as on Accord. It's in my wish list too, at some time in a future... :Whistle: I think for my Accord it's about £400 roughly. Money...

Talking about Mugen oil filter.. not much noticeable difference in how the car drives. But I believe that filter is good for the engine. Like you say, stuff behind the scenes. Together with Fuchs 5W-40 oil I use it works great I think. Need to say, one good man is in process of investigating the actual advantages of Mugen filter comparing to Honda filter. Hopefully results will be published soon! :Whistle: Yes CJ? :Tongue:

BTW, the last time the cheapest I've found was £32 on ebay. I know Honda Bristol sells filter for £34.94.

Sadsack likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Intruder I have your mugen filter, I have a JDM blue filter just waiting to take off a blue purflux filter for my comparison test. It will happen soon ...famous last words.

intruder likes this.
  8. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

Heard back from Honda Bristol, and Hendy performance regarding Mugen front under spoiler for Legend. It has been discontinued and none in stock anywhere so definitely not happening. To say I am upset is an understatement :Sobbing:

Alloy wheels are £600 each, and defintiely too expensive.

Sports ventilated visors available, so will confirm whether HH can get hold of these for me and if so will get some of these as a consolation prize.

Why despite saving money am I not happy? :Angry:

Thanks for all the advice though

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nothing is ever not available :Smile: you just need to find the person, and the right place to look. I can make some enquiries for your KB1.

I would also like to point this thread for awarness http://hondakarma.com/threads/2001/ people should not lose sight of this for your expensive mugen gear.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
    Sadsack likes this.
  10. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks CJ, if you could make some enquiries that would be great. Got my heart set on that front under bumper skirt and my life is not worth living without it :Frown:

I guess the visors I am not too fussed about whether they are guaranteed or not, but I understand what you are saying about buying more expensive kits and not having them fitted at authorised dealers. Not worth losing the guarantee. Was not aware of that so thanks for the heads up :Niceone:

11. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Is HH dealing with Mugen parts?? :Blink: I thought its only Honda Bristol who are Mugen dealer..

12. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

You are right, they are not a Mugen dealer.....but they said they 'MAY' be able to get hold of some Mugen parts. Was not a definite.

As CJ says though no Mugen authorised dealer, then no warranty

13. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Gutted...got quote for some sports ventilated visors 3 months ago on my car and was told £264. After a lot of deep thinking :Crazy:, soul searching :Search:, numerous meetings with the bank manager :telloff: and a near death experience :SOS:(joking!) finally decided to take the plunge with full approval from the live in bank manager :Thumbup:. Was gutted to find price had increased to £398 :Rant:!!!

It's disgusting, can't spend money even when you want to :Ohdear:.

You snooze you lose certainly makes sense right now.

14. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mugen prices are ridiculous.I wanted to buy rear wing for my Accord but at 1000 £ plus VAT no chance I will pay that.
    I bet Ferrari prices are cheaper then Mugen.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mo that's what happens for waiting , Mugen will remain a niche in the UK,even mugen US prices are cheaper even after import duty. If Mugen vendors had some room for margins to play with and not be greedy all the time we would all buy mugen gear.

16. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sadsack, indeed, how much kingmotorsports in US wants for the visors? Maybe cheaper buy there & get imported. No warranty as CJ will say, but.. lets forget that, its just a visors :Whistle:

Sadsack likes this.
  17. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have never imported anything from aboard so a bit apprehensive, and not sure how whole process works.

In any case checked their website and they have them on for $299, and price has been the same for past 6 months, so looks like no price change over in the states. just for us in the UK.

18. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Visors for Legend a bit more expensive.. hmm $199 for Accords/TSXs