Dealers/Garages Mugen Parts Warranty

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by Ichiban, Thursday 9th Aug, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have been eyeing up some Mugen bits for my 8th Generation Tourer, and found the prices varying from Mugen authorised and non authorised sellers. I wanted to fit those parts myself and save a sizeable chunk of dosh in the process and additionally it gives me the satisfaction I have fitted them on my car.However reading between the lines and scanning the fine print and to question why there was a disparity of prices?

It not until I read the below my doubts were confirmed.

Mugen Parts Warranty
    No Mugen part has any form of warranty, unless supplied and fitted by one of the official UK Mugen retailers Links - Mugen Euro

Any part bought over the counter and fitted elsewhere will not be covered under warranty by Mugen.

Now you know where you stand, on that basis for me mugen if off the list , Honda genuine Accessories at least have a years of warranty and three years when fitted to a new car at the time of PDI.

2. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    What if I buy Mugen product from King Motorsports, which is an official supplier of Mugen products in the USA? No warranty will be given here is the UK?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes that is correct. You need to buy it here and from a authorise Mugen dealer and they will have to fit it too.

The warranty is clear cut in that sense.

4. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    Okay. All clear on this point.
    It's only one advantage buying from US - cheaper.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes mate it way cheaper, just factor in the duty charges too HMRC will have you for import duties.

6. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Still cannot seem to find anywhere that has stuff for the FR-V. . .

Am I missing something or have I broke Google.

7. Sims77 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mark Sims Stoke on Trent
    I would get all my Mugen stuff from Matt at Injection Imports. They come straight from Japan and are well priced.
    Obviously no warranty but if there are bits for your car, he will know about it

chris2982 likes this.