Body, Paint & Styling Mugen style bodykit from bodykits kingdom

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by tree of life, Thursday 21st Feb, 2013.

1. tree of life Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So... During my window shopping on the net I stumbled across this: Accord euro CU2 Mugen Style Lip Kit

750AUD translates to about 500ish notes in the UK minus shipping. That's a very attractive price given its a full kit (front, rear splitters and side skirts)

There seem to be good reviews in Australia, has anyone used them before? I'm sure the finish won't be as good as OE, but I'm sure a garage would be able to make mends. Also it's made from plastic which is a bonus (I personally can't stand fibre glass)

:Ermm:

2. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The quality looks pretty good on those pics to be honest. It looks like it fits pretty well compared to others I've seen. If you pay on your visa card you get equal liability or something so you shouldn't loose any money if it did go belly up.

It is a copy of the Mugen kit as the side skirt is different by the front wheel arch. That said, I'd get it if I had the money :Thumbup: Just see how much it would cost to deliver to the UK.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Dunno.

Replica kits can be hit-n-miss and its not like you can take this back to the dealer if there are issues. And you'd likely incur the shipping costs as well.

Personally, I'd buy the real McCoy than spend that much on something that is, at best, iffy.

4. tree of life Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

There's no way I'll be getting this.... At the moment anyway!

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL

I'd recommend saving for the real parts. Replica's can be great, but also very poor. I just don't see the quality in the images - looks very tacky to me.

6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was just looking at the white car with the new bits stuck on. The lines seemed to flow better than on other pics i've seen. I agree that a genuine kit would be better but I doubt it would justify the price difference between the two kits.

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Agree that it looks good - but without any pics of the prepping and filling/smoothing and whatever else, there are still question marks on quality. It would be worth a punt if the parts were from the UK, but at that price for replicas half a world away, I'd rather keep my car stock standard.