Aftermarket Kit Multi function steering wheel radios buttons

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by colinbos, Wednesday 14th Aug, 2013.

1. colinbos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

2006 2.2 CDTI FR-V has the multifunction steering wheel. In the car is a Kenwood DNX5200BT SatNav DVD player, Phone double din unit.

The only annoying issue is, until recently the volume up and down buttons would only work intermittently. Sometime the volume up button would lower the volume and vice versa.

This past week everything has topped working.

Could it be as easy as just the interface box between the radio and steering wheel going duff? Has anyone any experience of such matters?

Thanks All.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Yes there should be interface box, check the wiring to it. I think they'll be a pink and green wire connected tapped into the FRVs wiring harness. Maybe the tap is not making a good connection.

3. colinbos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks SpeedyGee. I had a good look today (took some pictures of my efforts and posted them) but couldn't find a loose connection. I suspect, and so does the audio electrician nearby, that the Interface box is knackered. Hes going to replace that as its beyond my ability I think, plus Im going away in my old motorhome this weekend so won't have time.

thanks for the advice !